multi part question - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
3-Series (E46, E90) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1999 to Current. Models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318Ci, BMW 320i, BMW 323i, BMW 325i, BMW 330i, BMW 328 Ci, BMW 328i, BMW 325i/xi, BMW 330Ci, BMW 320d, BMW 330d, BMW 335d.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 08-07-2008, 01:59 AM
4th Gear Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
bimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond repute bimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond repute bimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond repute bimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond repute bimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond repute bimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond repute bimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond repute bimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond repute bimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond repute bimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond repute bimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to bimmerguy82
(Thread Starter)
Talking multi part question

So I'm in the market for a 330i in the near future.

1) I 'm wondering how hard is it to find a 2004/2005 330i with the ZHP plus manual tranny? I've looked on autotrader and the ZHP is hard to find let alone with a 6 spd.

2) Also I've been over on e46 fanatics looking at the mods guys do to their 330's. The consensus is that intake, exhaust,chip is pretty worthless as far as actual hp gains. Are these mods only/more useful with F/I?

BMWcrazy

|AA stage 1 software| UUC light flywheel and clutch| UUC EVO 3 ssk | K&N Intake | Ebay Headers |

BMWCCA member#407674

Founding member of the hit 145 mph in my almost stock 325i BMW club.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 08-08-2008, 01:03 PM
Neutral Member

titaniumbullet is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to titaniumbullet Send a message via Yahoo to titaniumbullet
Yes the intake catbacks and (chips?) do make a difference...

Sometimes what people do wrong is they put in high performance intakes and forget (or dont know) that when you induct more air you have more going out the other end so it helps to get the back end taken care of too... with a chipped ECU I wouldnt be able to tell you much.. Dont know if that is valid or not.... I have never known anyone that has a pro chip. I do hear good things about them...

My favorite BMW rims
#3 (permalink) Old 08-08-2008, 01:57 PM
drz
Administrator

drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to drz Send a message via MSN to drz
I will get an intake and software for my car. The exhaust is already plenty less restrictive than the regular E46 exhaust -- in fact, I've read several places that the extra 10 hp when compared to teh non-ZHP are mostly from the exhaust.

If you're looking to heavily mod, I would look for a non-ZHP. Why pay extra for the factory upgraded ssk, exhaust, suspension, cams, etc., if you're planning on changing it all out? Personally, I am more than happy right with how my car was delivered to me. I must note that the steering wheel has been changed to leather (from Alcantara) and teh CDV has been removed. Aside from CAI and software, I will probably only do minor cosmetic stuff to it, and wait a few years to do FI if I still feel like it.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E46, E90)