To MP3 or not to MP3 - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
3-Series (E46, E90) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1999 to Current. Models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318Ci, BMW 320i, BMW 323i, BMW 325i, BMW 330i, BMW 328 Ci, BMW 328i, BMW 325i/xi, BMW 330Ci, BMW 320d, BMW 330d, BMW 335d.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 09-13-2007, 10:52 AM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
07bmw328Xi is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
To MP3 or not to MP3

Any suggestion on whether to invest in a CD Changer for my 07 328Xi or just go with an MP3 player and use the available input jack in the center console.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 09-13-2007, 02:47 PM
5th Gear Member

Starmavin is a jewel in the rough Starmavin is a jewel in the rough Starmavin is a jewel in the rough Starmavin is a jewel in the rough
I used to be old school and stuck with cds for a while. (still use MP3 cd player in my car) Then I found myself buried in scratched name brand cds. It's nearly unavoidable when dealing with cds. Then I got a mp3 phone with a 2 gig memory card and I have to say I can pack more high quality songs on that memory card that is no bigger than a finger nail than I could in a 24 pack Cd folder. Pluss you have the Ipod or any of the myriad of mp3 players out there to choose from. Now I keep my cds safe in my 400 disc cd changer then rip what I want. Granted it takes a great deal of computer memory and a few minuets to keep and transfer all my cds on my pc, but now I don't have to deal with skipping, pauses from hitting bumps, and/or having to buy another copy of a cd because it got messed up.

P.S. If you are worried about getting in trouble from having that many mp3s ripped from your cds? You need not worry, by law, if you buy a cd you are entitled to have as many personal use copies of any song on it as you want. Just don't share them.
#3 (permalink) Old 09-14-2007, 06:51 AM
n00b

07bmw328Xi is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
To MP3 or not to MP3

STARMARVIN,
Thank you for your reply, you are 100% correct in what you said and I was already leaning in that direction, just needed someone to nudge me the rest of the way. I think that is indeed the direction to go in. Thanks again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E46, E90)