Marangoni tires? any good? - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E46, E90)
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

3-Series (E46, E90) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1999 to Current. Models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318Ci, BMW 320i, BMW 323i, BMW 325i, BMW 330i, BMW 328 Ci, BMW 328i, BMW 325i/xi, BMW 330Ci, BMW 320d, BMW 330d, BMW 335d.

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2007, 01:41 PM   #1 (permalink)
2nd Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
isherdholi will become famous soon enough
Marangoni tires? any good?

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for a new set of tires, 2 x 225/40/R18 for the front and 2 x 255/35/R18 for the rears. I want something which offers good grip, and good life, and not pay too much for them. So, Michelin, Pirelli, Bridgestone, DUnlop and Goodyear are pretty much out of the question.

Has anybody heard of Marangoni tires? Are they any good? How do they compare to Avon's, Kumho's, Falken's, etc?

You advice is much appreciated.

P.S. sorry if this thread is in teh wrong place.

Old 06-22-2007, 12:40 AM   #2 (permalink)
2nd Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
bump
Old 06-22-2007, 10:33 AM   #3 (permalink)
2nd Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
bumpiddy bump bump
Old 06-23-2007, 11:11 AM   #4 (permalink)
2nd Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
ok, i've heard that the Falken FK452's are better than the Marangoni Mythos tires. I'll probably be going for the FK452's. What do you guys think of this tire?
Old 06-23-2007, 08:11 PM   #5 (permalink)
WOT in Reverse

Car:
Photos:
jllphan has a reputation beyond reputejllphan has a reputation beyond reputejllphan has a reputation beyond reputejllphan has a reputation beyond reputejllphan has a reputation beyond reputejllphan has a reputation beyond reputejllphan has a reputation beyond reputejllphan has a reputation beyond reputejllphan has a reputation beyond reputejllphan has a reputation beyond reputejllphan has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to jllphan
Never heard of the first one. Falken are good. Depends on your driving style and local climate. If you have money to spend, Bridgestone offers the best of all worlds (quiet, handling, tread life, value), if not Fusion is a great tire for one on a budget...btw, if you drive like an idiot, it rains there a lot, road noise doesn't bother you and you don't mine changing tires once a year...BFG's KDW2 is hands down the sickest tire i've ever had: sticky as hell and unbelievable wet weather driving.
Old 06-23-2007, 08:11 PM   #6 (permalink)
WOT in Reverse

Car:
Photos:
jllphan has a reputation beyond reputejllphan has a reputation beyond reputejllphan has a reputation beyond reputejllphan has a reputation beyond reputejllphan has a reputation beyond reputejllphan has a reputation beyond reputejllphan has a reputation beyond reputejllphan has a reputation beyond reputejllphan has a reputation beyond reputejllphan has a reputation beyond reputejllphan has a reputation beyond repute
btw, what does the rest of your car look like?
Old 06-24-2007, 06:12 AM   #7 (permalink)
2nd Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
Thx man. I'll post some more pics up soon. I'm hoping to get some new wheels this week (18" [8J at the front, 8.5J at the back] Double M Spoke 135 or something, "MV2" for short - the ones you get with the ZHP facelifted e46's) so I'll post some pics once they're on.

In terms of driving style, as much as I would love to, I don't get a chance to drive like an idiot, cos of traffic and speedtraps and shit. London is the worst city for driving. My average speed to work is like 12mph or something. Because of all the traffic.

It does rain here quite a bit too, but I suppose I can't really go fast enough anyway because of the stupid traffic, which gets worst in the rain. Road noise can get a little annoying when you just want to relax. As for changing tires every year, I dont really want to be doing that if I can avoid it.

I've seen some tire tests for the FK452, and they are rated pretty well. Now, I dont believe this, but some people on other various forums say, that for road use, they're pretty much the same as a Michelin Pilot Sport 2. I doubt it - Michelin is regarded as the Daddy over here, but they're expensive as hell.
Old 06-24-2007, 10:51 AM   #8 (permalink)
3rd Gear Member

Car: 1998/BMW/M3
Photos:
Kissner is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Kissner
Another tire to check out if your on a tight budget is the General Exclaim UHP. I had never heard of the company but i was looking for some new tires on tirerack and saw them. The reviews are incredible for them and they are dirt cheap.
General Exclaim UHP
that's the page with a overview, ratings and peoples reviews.
I just checked prices on them for you, i don't see a 255/35/18 offered by them, but the front tires are $86 dollars each from tirerack.
Kissner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 12:15 PM   #9 (permalink)
2nd Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
woah, thats pretty cheap for the fronts. Thanks dude, nice find
Old 06-24-2007, 12:31 PM   #10 (permalink)
3rd Gear Member

Car: 1998/BMW/M3
Photos:
Kissner is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Kissner
Yea plus they are damn good tires. I have them on my M3 and couldn't be happier. I used to put expensive Michelin's on it, but i just can't afford to do that anymore. So i tried these out after reading the reviews and i'm really impressed. They are super sticky, pretty quiet and very good in the rain. I live in Duluth, Minnesota too so i have to drive is some pretty deep snow too, and they don't do too bad. Alot of times if you call tirerack they have more tire options, maybe they offer that size you need.
Kissner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 12:58 PM   #11 (permalink)
2nd Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
Yeah, I'll look in to it. I live in the UK, and so far I havent been able to find it on any of the usual UK supplier websites (blackcircles, mytyres, ctyres, etc) I'll ask my local tire garage about them tomorrow.
Old 06-27-2007, 02:42 PM   #12 (permalink)
2nd Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
Still not been able to find those General Exclaim UHP's anywhere. I think I'll just go with the Falken FK452's. I should be getting them tomorrow, with the new wheels. I'll post some pics when I got em.
Old 06-30-2007, 05:36 PM   #13 (permalink)
WOT in Reverse

Car:
Photos:
mixed reviews on those General's, pretty good treadwear, but the pricing seems almost too good to be true.

im sure you'd have no problems finding AVON tires, as im pretty sure they're made in the UK. Tirerack.com always talks highly of them and a few guys i know around town like them....might be next tire
Old 09-04-2007, 11:37 AM   #14 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
nelore is on a distinguished road
marangonis went in on august 22 07, coming out on 09/05/07. Back to bridgestone 040s. just a suggestion to anyone,the marangonis are not too bad but the car has no grip with them. I have a 04 ZHP and I am basically afraid to get over 85mph on these marangonis..one little twich on the steering wheel and the back comes out or the car seems to "float".Not worth the headache.
nelore is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E46, E90)