BMW Werkz banner

Loosing windsheild washer fluid from tank

4K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  WG330i 
#1 ·
I have had my 2001 330i for 2 weeks and have not used the washer spray as the pump needs replaced. I have lost about half the fluid in the tank. What are the most likely things to check? I see the sensor near the bottom. Are there any other penetrations or more likely a hose? TIA

#2 ·
Have you identified where the fluid is leaking from? Usually the hose is the common leak point.

#4 ·
Could, take some water, put a neon yellow highlighter in it and let it soak. Make sure the water is good and yellow, put the water in the tank. Go to a novelty store and get a black light, go lights out in your garage and trace the drips.

Easier and cheaper than getting a garage to look at it and it's still just water so it won't mess up your system.

Worst that can happen is you have to wash the car.

Good luck, let us know how it goes.

#6 ·
similar problem.

I had the same issue on my 2005. It turned out to be the rubber seal between the tank and the inlet to the pump. Took the tank out & separated the pump from the tank, smoothed the edges, applied just a hint of silicone and put it all back. So far, so good.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.