BMW Werkz banner

looking to get a 330xi. need help

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  pmolfese 
#1 ·
hello. i just wanted to get some input on this decision. does anyone out there have a 330 or even 325 xi and have any reviews about it, how it handles as awd in snow and whatever else? any help would be appreciated. thanks.

#2 ·
I have a 2002 325Xi and my dad has a 325Xi Sport Wagon. Both are absolutely great cars and handle very well on snow and ice. Handling feels very similar to the 325i except when in snow and ice and then you can notice a difference when you're not stuck.

I would highly recommend the Xi models if you're going to be in a place where it snows a good amount or if you have a long commute over roads that are somewhat questionably maintained in the winter.

One thing I would have done is get a manual transmission instead of the automatic. It's probably perceived in difference - but I think having the manual gives you a bit more control over the car and the ride - especially in snowy weather.

Hope this helps!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.