BMW Werkz banner

lookin to buy 2004 325i

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  smitchell8 
#1 ·
hey everyone im new to bmw's and im looking at a 325i ..want some good info on maintenance prices, common things that tend to go wrong with them, and anything else that you think i should know about them...the one im lookin at is 11000 with 88,000 miles on it ..is that a good deal? thanks in advance

#4 ·
Seems pretty good for the milleage. Like everything, it all depends how well it was maintained. I have an '04 325i (only owner) with 110K miles and in the past 2 years this is what I've had to do so you should be on the look out for this once 100K starts creeping:

Cooling System Overhaul (radiator, thermostat housing, water pump, expansion tank)

Suspension Overhaul (control arms, struts, shocks, sway bar links, guibo, transmission mounts, differential mounts, differential oil change)

Engine and tranny still running strong (I change my oil every 5K) My car is almost paid off so I decided to invest in the maintenance and keep it. My mechanic keeps offering to buy and I'm noooo way :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.