BMW Werkz banner

list yo mods!!

2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  heifetz17 
#1 ·
list your mods and tell us if you think they were worth it. (list the price if you want)

2004 bmw 325i completely stock only had it for 6 days! lookin at dinan to do my preformance.

#2 ·
Leftone,
Dinan will be more expensive than most, though, when I purchased my 328I (E46) it came with the Dinan Stage 1 Suspension upgrade. I'm sitting just over 2 inches off the ground. The handling is superb and you feel every freakin bump in the road, I guess it's the price you pay for having your ass glued down :rock . The kit has bilstein shocks and whatnot. I believe it's just under $2000 for the kit. If you do anything like that, meaning from Dinan, you can have it done at your local dealer, assuming they have that capablility and are willing, as Dinan are approved performance upgrades by BMW. Meaning, it would be included in your MFG. warrenty.

Dough

#4 ·
thanks for that info dough.. what would u suggest as an alternitive to dinan? in terms of price and/or preformance. I do want to keep my warranty so whatever goes on needs to come off when its time to service her. let me know man. thanx

#5 ·
2000 323 Ci

-Clears-$360-(def worth it)
-Clear Reflectors-$40-(worth it)
-Window-Tint-$140-(def worth it)
-Audio system-$2000-(got a special so def worth it...kinda pricy tho)
-Matte Chrome Trim-$430-(special: def worth it)
-ACS Ebrake-(special price: def worth it)
-ACS Shift Knob-$250-(well very expensive...too pricy IMO but def much better than stock)
-E46 ///M3 Steering Wheel + round airbag-(got a really low price on it: SOOOOO worth it!)
-OEM Roll Cover Compartment-$30-(i didnt like the cupholders)
-HK Rattle Fix DIY-$1-(Very worth it!)
-GruppeM Intake-(got a special price: SOOOO worth it!)
-DIY Headlight trim-$10-(def worth it vs buying the trim)
-DIY Clutch stop-$2-(def worth it!)
-NR Aluminum Gauges-$100-(meh its not bad...i feel that I will get tired of these real quick)
-Silver Gauge Rings-$25-(i love them...worth it to me)
-OEM Alarm:$225-(special: yes its worth it...includes motion and tilt detection)
-Mtech Front Bumper-$550-(def worth it! love the look)
-ACS 18x8.5 Rims w/ tires-(ok i was just too damn lucky on this one...it was a 'once in a million' situation. Saved a bundle. So yeah its def worth it!)

#7 ·
Like I said, Dinan is an accepted aftermarket upgrade from BMW. Dinan is the only one, I THINK, that BMW will continue the warranty. There are lots of other brands out there, some would be cheaper, some more. Since your Bimmer is still new... I mean, brand new, you may want to consider waiting untill the warranty expires or go with Dinan, as long as a dealership installs the components.

Right now, I'm looking into Bavarian Autosport. It's thier 30th anniversary so they've got sales.
There's also AC szchinzer... not sure how you would spell that last part.

Just a note:
Most of what I know is from this forum. Do a search in here and you'll find out plenty of information. My knowledge is limited, though others here have had tons of experience with this, both good and bad. Dont' rely 100% on what I write, my info could be out dated.

Dough

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.