left tail light ligths up brighter - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E46, E90)
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

3-Series (E46, E90) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1999 to Current. Models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318Ci, BMW 320i, BMW 323i, BMW 325i, BMW 330i, BMW 328 Ci, BMW 328i, BMW 325i/xi, BMW 330Ci, BMW 320d, BMW 330d, BMW 335d.

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2007, 12:40 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
aanilust is on a distinguished road
left tail light ligths up brighter

hey i just figured it out my lef tail light is lighting so much brighter i checked it out and on my left side both lines are lightin in the bulb but on the right side its only one is lightning, i tried to get new ones and they did the same think too wasup with that?
aanilust is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-02-2007, 08:45 PM   #2 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
nobody has the same problem i think u guys might have just check the tail lights lol by the way its a 01 325ci
Old 09-04-2007, 12:39 PM   #3 (permalink)
5th Gear Member

Car: '89 E30 w/M50
Photos:
BMWJNKY has a reputation beyond reputeBMWJNKY has a reputation beyond reputeBMWJNKY has a reputation beyond reputeBMWJNKY has a reputation beyond reputeBMWJNKY has a reputation beyond reputeBMWJNKY has a reputation beyond reputeBMWJNKY has a reputation beyond reputeBMWJNKY has a reputation beyond reputeBMWJNKY has a reputation beyond reputeBMWJNKY has a reputation beyond reputeBMWJNKY has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to BMWJNKY Send a message via Yahoo to BMWJNKY
Your taillight is out and the car is defaulting to using the brake lamp bulb as a tail light. Check all your rear bulbs, I'd put money down that you have at least one tail light is out. Make sure you use good Osram bulbs with the silver/nickel base when you replace bulbs.

BMWJNKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 12:45 PM   #4 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
i changed it like 4 times but its still doing the same thing i dont understand whats wrong with it on the left side both of the wires are lightin but on the right side only the one of the wire in the bulb is lightin i ll try to find another brand i guess thanks for the reply thoug
Old 09-04-2007, 03:36 PM   #5 (permalink)
5th Gear Member

Photos:
BMWJNKY has a reputation beyond reputeBMWJNKY has a reputation beyond reputeBMWJNKY has a reputation beyond reputeBMWJNKY has a reputation beyond reputeBMWJNKY has a reputation beyond reputeBMWJNKY has a reputation beyond reputeBMWJNKY has a reputation beyond reputeBMWJNKY has a reputation beyond reputeBMWJNKY has a reputation beyond reputeBMWJNKY has a reputation beyond reputeBMWJNKY has a reputation beyond repute
If this is just for the tail lights there should only be one element in the bulb lighting up when the tail lights are on. If both are lighting up you have a problem. It should only be a single element bulb in the tail lights too.

Old 09-04-2007, 04:07 PM   #6 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
yeah thats the thing i got 2 elements on the tail light and on the left side bth of em lights up but on the right only one of them lights up i dunno whats the problem?
Old 09-04-2007, 05:48 PM   #7 (permalink)
5th Gear Member

Photos:
Are you 100% sure it is soposed to have dual elements?

Old 09-04-2007, 08:59 PM   #8 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
ean the ones im replacing with they all have dual elements. i ll try to look online if i can find on the internet with one element
Old 09-05-2007, 10:50 AM   #9 (permalink)
5th Gear Member

Photos:
Quote:
Originally Posted by aanilust
ean the ones im replacing with they all have dual elements. i ll try to look online if i can find on the internet with one element
It will say on the bulb carrier for the tail light if it is soposed to have a dual or single element bulb in it. For a tail light it should only say 10W in the plastic by the bulb, usually the brake will say 21W. If a socket takes a dual element it would say something like 21/5w meaning that it needs a dual element bulb, one element is 21W and the other is 5W.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E46, E90)