BMW Werkz banner

LED interior lights/turn signals - Plug & Play?

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  BMWERKEN 
#1 ·
I want to get rid of these crappy bulbs that I purchased that are just painted glass bulbs and replace them with LED bulbs. Here are the bulbs:

Interior (map lights) = 194 mini wedge

Interior (footwell) = 3175 dome bulb (36mm)

Front turn signals = 1156

I want the interior bulbs to be really blue. I found a few sites that sell LED lights, but my question is if these bulbs are truly plug & play. I think the interior ones are. However the 194 wedge bulbs I found have 4 LEDs in them. Will they fit/work in the overhead lamps?

Also, the 1156 LEDs. Are they plug and play?

Here's the 194 wedge bulb that I am contemplating:

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
But all the LED advertisements say that they "give off no heat..." What's the difference between a filliment bulb and LED? They aren't the same, are they?

Anyone know if this bulb (and other LEDs) are plug and play and if they're safe, etc? Also, will they FIT???? Unlike the fat, stupid blue filliment bulb on my turn signal that didn't fit...

Thanks!

#4 ·
The interior LEDs will work fine without any problem.
The turn signal will create a very nice flashing effect but you will need a equalizer for each LED. The turn signal will flash rapidly without the equalizer.
You can put the 194 LED into the side maker without the need of an equalizer. The bulb will stay lid (very dim) all the time and flash brighter when you turn on your blinker. It stays lid after you turn off your car completely for about 1-2 minutes.
One thing you will notice is all the LED (signals and side makers) will flash extremely fast for about 8-9 times every time you turn on your ignition. I do not experience this effect on my Honda Accord
Hope this help with your decision.

#5 ·
i used LED lights on my car,,they worked fine without the flashing as described above...BUT my dash board reported that the side light were out...and put on the indicators lights as a backup..

they dont use as much voltage as normal lights..so it showed as a fault

they need to have a resistor fitted to work properly

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.