LED 1157 and 1156 Replacement Bulbs? - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E46, E90)
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

3-Series (E46, E90) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1999 to Current. Models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318Ci, BMW 320i, BMW 323i, BMW 325i, BMW 330i, BMW 328 Ci, BMW 328i, BMW 325i/xi, BMW 330Ci, BMW 320d, BMW 330d, BMW 335d.

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2005, 06:15 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
R-U-Q-R-U is an unknown quantity at this point
LED 1157 and 1156 Replacement Bulbs?

I have been looking around the web and found a few vendors selling 1157 and 1156 LED replacement bulbs for about $20 a piece. Has anyone used these and do they work as advertised?

One example seller is http://autolumination.com/1156_1157.htm

I have a 2001 325it wagon. Is the 1157 the brake lamp? What is the 1156?

Thanks.
R-U-Q-R-U is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-08-2005, 10:04 AM   #2 (permalink)
Neutral Member

Car:
Photos:
jeremer is an unknown quantity at this point
LED bulbs are very dim compare to regular bulbs. However they will give you a very nice effect when on/off.
You will need a equalizer for EACH of the LED otherwise you'll get the error message on your instrument panel. Every LED that puts on a BMW car will flash rapidly for about 8-9 times every time you turn on your ignition. Hope this help
Old 12-08-2005, 01:50 PM   #3 (permalink)
1st Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
BMWERKEN is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to BMWERKEN
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremer
LED bulbs are very dim compare to regular bulbs. However they will give you a very nice effect when on/off.
You will need a equalizer for EACH of the LED otherwise you'll get the error message on your instrument panel. Every LED that puts on a BMW car will flash rapidly for about 8-9 times every time you turn on your ignition. Hope this help
LED's are not "very dim". They have a different beam pattern so that straight on they are VERY bright but they do not emit an all around beam like the halogens do, illuminating the entire housing. Rather there is a very focused but noticeable beam.

http://jlevistreetwerks.com/OSCOMMER...28c68dcafc0d44

Call Toll Free: 1.888.JLEVISW
PREDATOR ICE OEM ANGEL EYE UPGRADE | PREDATOR CHROMIUM ANGEL EYES | LED TURN SIGNALS
BMWERKEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 11:13 PM   #4 (permalink)
Neutral Member

Car:
Photos:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWERKEN
LED's are not "very dim". They have a different beam pattern so that straight on they are VERY bright but they do not emit an all around beam like the halogens do, illuminating the entire housing. Rather there is a very focused but noticeable beam.

http://jlevistreetwerks.com/OSCOMMER...28c68dcafc0d44
Unless LEDs are viewed directly through crystal lense like on the new BMWs, than they are EXTREMELY bright. If original poster wants to put LED bulbs on his 01 325it wagon for brake lights or even signal lights, than the driver from behind might not see his blinker clearly. I put on the 24 LED bulbs in my car and they are significantly dimmer than the regular bulbs
Old 12-09-2005, 01:33 AM   #5 (permalink)
1st Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
BMWERKEN is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to BMWERKEN
I agree about the brake lights, I would only use them for turn signals. However you are incorrect about the rear turn signals, we have many customers who use them and have had NO problems. Have you had experience with our specific kits?

Call Toll Free: 1.888.JLEVISW
PREDATOR ICE OEM ANGEL EYE UPGRADE | PREDATOR CHROMIUM ANGEL EYES | LED TURN SIGNALS
BMWERKEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 01:55 AM   #6 (permalink)
4th Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
WardJ is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to WardJ Send a message via MSN to WardJ Send a message via Yahoo to WardJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by R-U-Q-R-U

I have a 2001 325it wagon.

damn son why would you DO THAT to a bmw? a wagon?
Window Tint
New Badges - Check!
Muffler - Check! - Ansa free flow
New Radio
Sport Shocks - Bilstein
Keyless Entry + Alarm - BMW Security Systems
Power Flow Intake

THE founding member of "i don't hate on del"
WardJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 04:54 PM   #7 (permalink)
Neutral Member

Car:
Photos:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWERKEN
I agree about the brake lights, I would only use them for turn signals. However you are incorrect about the rear turn signals, we have many customers who use them and have had NO problems. Have you had experience with our specific kits?
No, Johnathan. I have your kits for the front turn signals where I have clear lenses and they are BRIGHT if you are in the car in front and look at the signal via the rear view mirror. I love it. However, the LEDs for the rear turn signals are not as bright as the the front because of the LENSES. I took them out because that was my PERSONAL OPINION, nothing wrong with your kits there.

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E46, E90)