Leather Repair - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E46, E90)
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

3-Series (E46, E90) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1999 to Current. Models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318Ci, BMW 320i, BMW 323i, BMW 325i, BMW 330i, BMW 328 Ci, BMW 328i, BMW 325i/xi, BMW 330Ci, BMW 320d, BMW 330d, BMW 335d.

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2005, 05:40 AM   #1 (permalink)
Neutral Member

Car:
Photos:
Howie is an unknown quantity at this point
My 01 330i Sport seat is starting to look a little tired, especially on the part next to the door. When I take the seat belt off it tends to get caught on the side support and has worn the leather. The seats are black, but where it has worn it is loosing its colour. I use leather care cream treatment to stop the seats cracking, which has worked, but the wear from the seat belt is starting to annoy me. Does anyone know how to touch the leather up? Put the black back into the leather??
Howie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-01-2005, 11:41 PM   #2 (permalink)

Car:
Photos:
Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond reputeDirty_Tool has a reputation beyond reputeDirty_Tool has a reputation beyond reputeDirty_Tool has a reputation beyond reputeDirty_Tool has a reputation beyond reputeDirty_Tool has a reputation beyond reputeDirty_Tool has a reputation beyond reputeDirty_Tool has a reputation beyond reputeDirty_Tool has a reputation beyond reputeDirty_Tool has a reputation beyond reputeDirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute
Call your service advisor at your local dealer and see if he/she can hook you up with their mobile apholstery repair guy. These guys are usually quite affordable and can really make magic with restoring or repairing your seats.

DT

Dirty_Tool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2005, 08:40 AM   #3 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
paquettc is an unknown quantity at this point
I had the same problem. I have the same car and sport seat as you. I found a tip that really worked for my seat. Buy some Lexol conditionner. This stuff is the best to use to condition your seats. You put it on wet, leave it for 10-15 mins and the seat looks almost dry because the seat just soaks up the Lexol. Now on to fixing your problem. Go to a local shoe repair shop and buy some black leather show dye. Take a small amount of the dye and mix it with some Lexol in container. Then take a rag and apply it to the problem area of the seat. Because the Lexol absorbs into the leather so well, it sucks the dye in as well. Leave the seat to dry for a little while and then buff the seat. Before you sit in the seat wipe the area with a cloth to make sure the dye is dry.

I agree with the previous post in that using a company like Fibrenew will make your seat look brand new again, however, the dye method is a quick fix that really works well.

Good luck

Chad
paquettc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2005, 10:10 AM   #4 (permalink)
3rd Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
Bear is an unknown quantity at this point
I have seen great results using Leatherique (check their website), this stuff fills cracks and has a redye procuct as well. My local Seat Surgeon uses this product.
Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E46, E90)