key/mirror problem - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E46, E90)
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

3-Series (E46, E90) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1999 to Current. Models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318Ci, BMW 320i, BMW 323i, BMW 325i, BMW 330i, BMW 328 Ci, BMW 328i, BMW 325i/xi, BMW 330Ci, BMW 320d, BMW 330d, BMW 335d.

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2006, 07:34 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
330xi_Captain is an unknown quantity at this point
Question key/mirror problem

Hi everybody,

I have a 330xi 2005, one of the latest built on October 2005. I took the sport package and the premium package with other options. With the premium package the electric seats adjustments and the side mirror positions can be saved in memory (3 memory buttons on the side of the driver seat). I specially took that premium package because the key can be programmed with one of the 3 memory positions.

My wife uses one key and me the other. When we lock the car, the active memory position is linked to the key used to lock the car. When you unlock the car, the driver seat just take the settings that go with the correspondent memory position. So let say I use memory position #1 and my wife #2. Every time we unlock the car, we have our personal settings in use (seat position, heating settings, radio settings, etc). It is very good until here.

I know, this is a long introduction but here is where I need your help. In the owner manual, it is stated at two different places that the side door mirror will be adjusted with the key unlock because it is linked to the seat memory position. My problem is that the key unlock doesn't move the side mirrors. I must always use the memory button (#1 in my case) to get the side mirrors at the right position. Same for my wife with the position #2 (the seat adjustments are fine but not the mirror).

I asked the dealer to correct that but I was told that was not possible. It seems the E42 cannot support this feature (but it is written in the owner manual). On another forum, I saw that few people confirmed it is working on their E42.

So the question is: Is there anybody here that can confirm this feature is really working with both seat adjustments and side mirrors position? And if it was corrected, do you have any idea how it was?

Thanks for your patience,

Captain
330xi_Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E46, E90)