BMW Werkz banner

Just Used Tesco Ready Mix Coolant. Is That Wrong?

9K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  peterkulesza 
#1 ·
I bought coolant from tesco and used it in my car, a bmw 318. Just wondering if thats the right thing to do. Should I get it drained off and use traditional coolants which needs to be mixed

These are the only details I can get

Front sticker
Tesco Ready Mixed Anti-Freeze and Summer Coolant. Protects all types of engine 1 litre

Back Sticker
Antifreeze.
Tesci ready mix antifreeze is a liquid coolant based on mono-ethylene glycol and contains corrosion inhibitors designed to give corrosion protection to metals commonly found in cooling systems, as well as providing the engine with protection from freezing. It is premixed with de-ionized water for convenience
-Excellent corrosion protection
-Correct concentration in the cooling system will provide protection down to -17 C
-Blended from antifreeze concentrate which meets BS 6580:1992
-Mixed fleet protection - one coolant for all cars, vansa and trucks (petrol and diesel)
-Protects all types of engine
Direction for use: When the engine is cool remove Radiator cap or expansion tank cap and add to coolant

Our Promise: We are happy to refund ..... etc
PRoduct safety instruction .. Harmful keep out of ...etc

So is the product all rite ? Or do I need to bring the car to the nearest BMW workshop and get them removed.

See less See more
#2 ·
it MIGHT be very wrong.

all these descriptions, while possibly true mean nothing. the chemistry may or may not be safe for the type of alloys used in your engine.

to investigate, you 'd likely need to spend 2 weeks on the phone. call reputable non dealer bmw shop and ask if they use the collant you bought. if not, i'd use bwm coolant.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.