Just purchased a 2001 325Ci - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
3-Series (E46, E90) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1999 to Current. Models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318Ci, BMW 320i, BMW 323i, BMW 325i, BMW 330i, BMW 328 Ci, BMW 328i, BMW 325i/xi, BMW 330Ci, BMW 320d, BMW 330d, BMW 335d.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 03-04-2004, 11:28 AM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
ss3964spd is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
Hi all,

With my guidence and input, my wife is the proud owner of a 2001 325Ci manual, with only 22.5 k on the clock. I've been trying to dig up general information about the car and finally found this site. I've some general questions to ask.

1) According to BMW, the car was originally ordered with the Sport Package. As the car is a convertible, can anyone tell me what the SP consisted of? Yes, larger wheels and tires. Different spring rates? different shocks? Lowered? Beefier sway bars? Anything else?

2) Car was also ordered with the Premium Package. What did that consist of in the convertibles?

3) I'm given to performing my own maintenance but I do understand that the car's computer determines when to do oil changes based on several factors. I also understand it take some sort of special tool to reset the computer. An expensive item?

4) Any general things to be aware of?

Any help is appreciated.

Dan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 03-04-2004, 03:11 PM
1st Gear Member

jefft325i is an unknown quantity at this point
First off, congratulations on the purchase

I don't think there are any differences regarding the sport or premium packages between the 4 door, 2 door, or convertible. If I'm wrong, maybe somebody else can weigh in?

Anyhow, the sport package consisted of:

17 inch wheels
Sport suspension
Sport steeling wheel
12 way power sport seats

Premium package:

Wood grain interior trim
Leather interior
Moon Roof
Heated Seats
Auto dimming rearview mirror
Rain sensing wipers

Keep in mind it's possible to have some of these options without having the whole package - for instance, you could order heated seats or moonroof w/o optioning for the premium package.

As for maintenance, a lot of people change their own oil and such, but you can't change the service mileage countdown indicator unless you have the computer. As I've read, the computer is quite costly and only the dealer has them. Haven't heard of any private owner possessing one used
#3 (permalink) Old 03-04-2004, 05:14 PM
1st Gear Member

jefft325i is an unknown quantity at this point
oh, I'm guessing your premium package didn't include the moonroof
#4 (permalink) Old 03-05-2004, 09:34 AM
n00b

ss3964spd is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
Thanks for the feedback Jeff. Still seems to be some descrepencies though because, according to BMW, in addition to the optional Sport and Premium Package installed on this car, it also had the heated seats installed as an option. In-dash CD player and the H-K speakers were the other installed options.

The only thing I can confidantly say about the Premium Package in the convertibles is that the package included the power top. The car does have the wood accents, leather, and the auto dimming RVM. It does not have the rain sensing wipers

Been searching the net and can't seem to find the details anywhere. A dealer brochure and option list for a convertible would be a great find!

Dan
#5 (permalink) Old 03-09-2004, 01:27 PM
n00b

donutello is an unknown quantity at this point
I don't know about the convertibles, but for sedans the Premium Package includes the following:
- Moonroof
- Climate control
- Wood trim
- auto dimming rear view mirror
- CD player

The heated seats are available as part of the Cold Weather Package which also includes headlight washers and a couple other things.

Premium sound (HK) is also a separate option not included with any package

Rain sensing wipers are also a separate option and not included with the Premium Package

Leather is standard on all cars sold in the US but you can custom order one without leather.

The SP only adds the items jeff mentioned.

I've seen an e46 diagnostic tool advertised for $150 but can't locate the link right now.

HTH
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E46, E90)