BMW Werkz banner

Just got my 320i: Small question

4K views 18 replies 8 participants last post by  harpax 
#1 ·
Hello,

We just got our 320i this Friday. I find it really hard to get information on the model we have since it's not available in the US.

Question 1: Is the 320i part of the E46 series? Or does it have another number?
Question 2: Where can I get information on the 320i on the web?
Question 3: Why is the 320i not available in the US?

Any information would be great!

Thanks,
Max
Pics of my car

#2 ·
Question 1: yes e46
Question 2: Try maXbimmer.com (a canadian bmw forum)
Question 3: I dont think it would be a bmw that the US consumer would want. (IMO)

#3 ·
Thanks for your quick response Turbo.
Why do you think the US consumer would not want it?

Max

#6 ·
Ah ok. Thanks for the info man.
And thanks for the compliment Silver. We had a Civic before. You have no idea how happy I am right now. I just cant stop smiling as soon as I think about the 320i, see the 320i, or drive the 320i...

#7 ·
By the way, I'm also open to any websites you guys could suggest for more reading on the 320i or just on BMW in general.
Anyone has any suggestion on what I could do to the car to make it cooler / better that's not going to cost me too much?

Thanks again,
Max

#9 ·
Sup Iceman -
We got our car last Friday and drove all night. I got up the next morning at 7am to take the pictures. So basically, it's the wax the dealer put on the car + 5 hours of driving that you are looking at on the pictures. :)

I'm still looking into tip and tricks to clean the car. It's black, so it basically looks amazing when it's clean (that's about 5 to 10 minutes after it's been cleaned) and after that it's already dirty and "asking" for a wash :)

I'm wondering what's the best way to keep it clean all the time but with minimal effect. Anyone got any good links or suggestions for this?

Thanks,

#10 ·
There are things called Dry Wash, which wash ur car in like half the time, but i have never tried them.

Also, you should look into getting a California Duster. Its like a dust mop for ur car, special coating on the yarn/threads grab the dust instead of moving it around on ur car. Thats about the quickest way to keeping ur bimmer clean w/o washing it every hour!

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detai...e&s=hi&n=228013

Slick lookin car btw :D

#11 ·
Thanks for the info KillFox.

#13 ·
We dont have MrClean car wash in Montreal... what kind are they?

#16 ·
E36 320 = 2.0 litre E46 320 = 2.2 Litre

#17 ·
Yes, I confirm it's a 2.2L.
You can check the bmw.ca website for more info.

#19 ·
Cool Torque, thanks for the link. I'll read it when I have 2 minutes. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.