Jacking Locations - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E46, E90)
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

3-Series (E46, E90) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1999 to Current. Models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318Ci, BMW 320i, BMW 323i, BMW 325i, BMW 330i, BMW 328 Ci, BMW 328i, BMW 325i/xi, BMW 330Ci, BMW 320d, BMW 330d, BMW 335d.

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2006, 03:03 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
Dave-T is an unknown quantity at this point
Jacking Locations

Hi All. I am going to change the wheels and tires on my car. I have a 2001 325i. The tires are already mounted so I will do the change myself. Where is the best location to jack one side of the car up all at once using a floor jack.

Last edited by Dave-T; 05-22-2006 at 03:21 PM.
Dave-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-22-2006, 03:38 PM   #2 (permalink)
drz
Administrator

Car: zhp
Photos:
drz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to drz Send a message via MSN to drz
I am sorry to tell you this, but you will have to lift one corner at a time. There really is no other good jack point besides the four jack points for each corner. Even the mechanics at the dealership do it this way whenever they are not using a lift.

Pics of the wheels?
Old 05-22-2006, 04:59 PM   #3 (permalink)
5th Gear Member

Car: 2005 330xi
Photos:
325isBaby is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to 325isBaby
Confirmed, when not using a lift one corner at a time (PAIN IN THE BUTT)
Old 05-23-2006, 11:48 PM   #4 (permalink)
Neutral Member

Car:
Photos:
TRuckee is an unknown quantity at this point
I just recently did what Dave-T wants to do, change the wheels, on my 323i. Rather than changing just one corner at a time, I used the jack point to lift up one side high enough to put a jack stand other the other jack point on that side. When I lowered the jack, I then put a second stand where I had just used the jack. At least then I could change both front and back wheels at the same time.
TRuckee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 04:51 PM   #5 (permalink)
drz
Administrator

Car: zhp
Photos:
drz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to drz Send a message via MSN to drz
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRuckee
I just recently did what Dave-T wants to do, change the wheels, on my 323i. Rather than changing just one corner at a time, I used the jack point to lift up one side high enough to put a jack stand other the other jack point on that side. When I lowered the jack, I then put a second stand where I had just used the jack. At least then I could change both front and back wheels at the same time.
Yes sir. That works, too. YOu can also put the entire car on jackstands doing the same thing systematically. However, with only one floor jack, like our friend has, one has to go one corner at a time. It iss really not a big hassle anyway. Thanks for your contribution

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E46, E90)