BMW Werkz banner

Intermittent AC

2K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  OGF 
#1 ·
2000 E 46: AC works OK in AM before ambient temp. rises above 80 F. Output at vent registers 46 F. When ambient temp rises above 80 F. the output at the vent rises to 80 or even 100. I have had the 'freon' levels verified, replaced the blower motor assembly even the FSU (Final Stage Unit) but problem continues. I have tried making adjustments at the climate control panel in the cabin, however, that seems to have little or no effect. By slowing the fan motor and opening the windows I can hear the compressor engage when the AC switch is pushed on, (and go off when I switch it off). The Automatic switch for the AC seems to be working properly, however, when the ambient temperatures rises, or if the car is left in the sun, when the greenhouse effect causes the interior temperature to rise to 130 (while the actual air temp. is perhaps 95) the temp at the blower in the cabin will drop to between 100 F and 80 F at best.) I am told that the evaporator and all components 'appear' to be normal and unobstructed. Since others have probably had a similar problem and found an answer that goes beyond what I have already tried, I am open to suggestions.:http://www.bimmerwerkz.com/forum/images/smilies/conf.gif

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.