BMW Werkz banner

Interior Trim

2K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  yellow320 
#1 ·
[attachmentid=18903][attachmentid=18904]Question:

I have a friend who runs a shop here in Brisbane, Australia which chromes all sorts of things - plastic, metal, clay(!), wood(!).

Anyway, have a 2001 320ci in dakar yellow with black leather interior - 5spd manual. It currently has the matt silver trim.

So the deal is he will chrome all of the interior trim (doors, dash, gear leaver surround, sterng wheel trim) for the cost of parts only.

He will aslso do the same for my wheels (I have posted a picture of them).

Will the chrome interior be too much, or will it look sweet?

Personally, I think it will look great. :rock

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Originally posted by yellow320@Feb 27 2005, 05:56 AM
[attachmentid=18903][attachmentid=18904]Question:

I have a friend who runs a shop here in Brisbane, Australia which chromes all sorts of things - plastic, metal, clay(!), wood(!).

Anyway, have a 2001 320ci in dakar yellow with black leather interior - 5spd manual.  It currently has the matt silver trim. 

So the deal is he will chrome all of the interior trim (doors, dash, gear leaver surround, sterng wheel trim) for the cost of parts only.

He will aslso do the same for my wheels (I have posted a picture of them).

Will the chrome interior be too much, or will it look sweet?

Personally, I think it will look great. :rock
[snapback]300239[/snapback]​
Too much of interior chemistry, too little in adding any real $$ value to your vehicle....in fact value may depreciate when you decide to sell; you'll be limiting the pool of prospective buyers and your add will look something like this ( 2000/320ci for sale..options? so much chrome all over the interior) .... but if you think the above add sounds GREAT and your car will look SWEET go right ahead and do it...............Good Luck
regards
billb

#8 ·
Originally posted by yellow320@Feb 28 2005, 01:52 AM
Thanks for your opinions with respect to the interior trim :) I really didn't think that everyone would be so anti it.

Anyway, what about the wheels? Chrome them or keep them the way they are? :dunno
[snapback]300626[/snapback]​
Chrome wheels will look beautiful... I am a fan of chrome bits, but for the interior I would just get a few small parts dome to compliment the already chrome bits like the door handles and the trim on the ash trays... Maybe do the air vents? Or the stripe which goes from the doors and the front of the dash?

#10 ·
Originally posted by CiscoKid@Feb 28 2005, 11:31 AM
i dont know about chrome rims on BMWs... they look good on cadillacs and trucks, but i dont think they would look good on a 3er
[snapback]300956[/snapback]​
OR any other BMW period.....While I do agree 122% with Cisco, I had seen white conv. Cadillacs with huge chrome bird emblems tied down to 2 large bull horns on the hood, interior accented with tiger skin seats cover.........at the end of the day? it is a matter of choice,taste and personal preference!!

#11 ·
Thanks for your input guys. I must say that I am somewhat surprised by the replies that I have received with respect to the interior trim question. More particularly I am surprised at the single response with respect to the question of chroming the wheels.

BMW wheels should not be cromed. Are you serious? What about the 19s available as an option from the factory on E46 M3s? What about the myriad aftermarket wheels fitted to other 3-series?

So far as the interior is concerned I have decided that I will attend to having the trim chromed in due course. I am doing it because I think it will look great. If it doesn't well then I can change it again. Personally, the chrome will look much better than the carbonfibre suggested by Jlevi. Certainly the cost will be dramatically less.

I will post some pictures of it when it is done. I can alreayd sense what the response to those pictures will be!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.