Inspection II - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
3-Series (E46, E90) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1999 to Current. Models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318Ci, BMW 320i, BMW 323i, BMW 325i, BMW 330i, BMW 328 Ci, BMW 328i, BMW 325i/xi, BMW 330Ci, BMW 320d, BMW 330d, BMW 335d.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 07-27-2004, 09:37 PM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
ttubimmer07 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to ttubimmer07
(Thread Starter)
So I have a 2000 323Ci and I am right at about 61000 miles and it says 1500 miles to inspection, im assuming this is inspection II.... I haven't had my car long at all, so I never have done one of these "inspections"... Just looking at the warranty manual it seems like these inspections are mainly just stuff that is completely obvious like checking if A/C works and a bunch of checking for leaks and things, cant I just check for leaks in my very own driveway??? and I think I would be aware that my A/C wasnt functioning!?!? Can I just go in and get my oil changed and have them reset the service interval indicator, and just check the other stuff in my driveway?? it seems like all the stuff on this list is just stuff I would normally check just to be sure!! and also do I need to take the car in to change the brake fluid or can it be done myself, same thing with the coolant, Ive never had a car I couldnt change the coolant on myself?? thanks - darren
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 07-27-2004, 10:37 PM
2nd Gear Member

white 330ci is an unknown quantity at this point
it is possible to change the oil, coolant and brake fluid yourself.

i am planning to do the inspection myself too, if you have a connection in the service dept you can get your light reset for free .

depending on your warranty you have to take it in for the inspection.
#3 (permalink) Old 07-27-2004, 11:36 PM
1st Gear Member

Relevart is an unknown quantity at this point
Buy reset tool and do it yourself. But then again, warranty: Obviously, BMW warranty is gone; CPO? Extended warranty shouldn't matter...
If warranty you have doesn't require you to do service at certified BMW center, then just document everything you checked on the list and attach recepts for the parts you replaced, or fluids changed...
#4 (permalink) Old 07-28-2004, 02:10 AM
n00b

ttubimmer07 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to ttubimmer07
(Thread Starter)
Yea the car was a certified pre-owned and it has a warranty until 100k or until november of '05.. do you think that will conflict?? I dont mind paying for the oil change or even the brake and coolant flush, as long as these are the only things that really need to be done, i just dont wanna shell out 400 bucks so someone can tell me my AC is working
#5 (permalink) Old 07-28-2004, 02:28 AM
2nd Gear Member

white 330ci is an unknown quantity at this point
the stealershp might charge you $400 anyways ghead
#6 (permalink) Old 07-28-2004, 02:26 PM
n00b

gordo325xiwagon is an unknown quantity at this point
If you are doing maintenance yourself, you need a service manual. Either Bentley or OEM. It lists the items covered.

There are some situations where I would only use OEM parts. For example, unless you are an expert in cooling systems, or a chemical engineer, I would recommend that you use BMW antifreeze. It does not mix with some other commercial brands which on the surface appear to be acceptable substitutes, eg. those that contain no phosphates or nitrates.

Our BMWs require so little servicing, it doesn't make sense to try to cut corners when they do. I would at least go to your dealership and speak with a service advisor. It won't cost you anything to discuss your situation and determine a feasible maintenance plan.
#7 (permalink) Old 07-29-2004, 07:36 AM
3rd Gear Member

Mr White G is an unknown quantity at this point
DIY maintenance is okay for day to day stuff but I suggest taking your car to a dealer for all 'major' service work.

<span style='color:blue'>&quot;So my BM makes me a flash bastard? Then I guess you're just keeping it real from the seat of your nova?&quot;</span>

<span style='color:gray'>&quot;...and the home of the brave..... is bravey 130bhp from a 7 litre engine? 100bhp/litre or don't bother building it!&quot;</span>

<span style='color:red'>&quot;Aaahh the UK; where every road is jammed, under construction, poorly maintained and unfairly policed, at least we don't get over-taxed for it........ HA HA HA!&quot;</span>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E46, E90)