Inspection And Brakes - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E46, E90)
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

3-Series (E46, E90) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1999 to Current. Models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318Ci, BMW 320i, BMW 323i, BMW 325i, BMW 330i, BMW 328 Ci, BMW 328i, BMW 325i/xi, BMW 330Ci, BMW 320d, BMW 330d, BMW 335d.

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2005, 04:14 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
cubanhoya is an unknown quantity at this point
I would like to know what the inspection entails that BMW performs. I have a 2001 BMW 330I with 60000 miles on my car and got it used at 50000 miles, and am due for an inspection soon. I called and found out that it would cost me 800+ dollars for the inspection and then i also think my brakes are going to go soon and they want to charge me 1100 to do that too. I cant afford this and would like to know what i could do on my own or if any of you know where i can get this stuff done cheaper. I live in LA but would drive to save money. Please let me know.....thanks...
cubanhoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-04-2005, 05:32 PM   #2 (permalink)
2nd Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
Mach 5 has a reputation beyond reputeMach 5 has a reputation beyond reputeMach 5 has a reputation beyond reputeMach 5 has a reputation beyond reputeMach 5 has a reputation beyond reputeMach 5 has a reputation beyond reputeMach 5 has a reputation beyond reputeMach 5 has a reputation beyond reputeMach 5 has a reputation beyond reputeMach 5 has a reputation beyond reputeMach 5 has a reputation beyond repute
The schedule is in your owners manual or available on-line through the owners circle @ bmw na's web site. I have had the inspection II done for about $300 but $700-800 is about the going rate. As for the brakes you can do them yourself for alot less and wait until the brake sensor indicates it is time to change unless a visual inspection reveals a fault.
Ben
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E46, E90)