Inexpensive place to get BMW serviced - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E46, E90)
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

3-Series (E46, E90) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1999 to Current. Models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318Ci, BMW 320i, BMW 323i, BMW 325i, BMW 330i, BMW 328 Ci, BMW 328i, BMW 325i/xi, BMW 330Ci, BMW 320d, BMW 330d, BMW 335d.

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2003, 12:26 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
boo radley is an unknown quantity at this point
Warranty and free service is up at the dealer, want to find a good place in Santa Monica/Marina del Rey, CA to get my service done. Are places like Jiffy Lube, etc. good to go to?
boo radley is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-14-2003, 01:02 PM   #2 (permalink)
You Can Has A Custom Title!!

Car:
Photos:
AZ325Ci is on a distinguished road
some of our CA members may be able to help you locate a good service. i do know that JiffyLube is one of the places not to take your bimmer to. in fact, some of them will not even take a luxury car such as BMW, Mercedes, Volvo, etc.

check around and talk to the people and see what they have to say. there are some places that specialize in german cars and do not charge what you would expect to pay at the BMW dealers. you can look in the phone book to locate these.
Old 10-15-2003, 10:00 AM   #3 (permalink)
1st Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
mankiks323i is an unknown quantity at this point
I agree with AZ check around. Were I live there is only one independent service center were they work on bmw ghead . I took it there, honestly I was not happy. I got an oil change expecting them to put a synthetic oil in but put a poor quality conventional oil the color looked like the same oil i had in it before the oil change. put a sticker to remind me to change every 3000 miles . They rotated my tires which i did not expect them to do nor did they need it done. So called Inspection 2 service i could have done that and saved 500 dollars
Old 10-16-2003, 12:11 PM   #4 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
boo radley is an unknown quantity at this point
I checked around and found some BMW shops that have the right equipment and software to do the service. I've been quoted about $400 for a type 2 inspection at two of the places, $550 at another. Is $400 pretty reasonable for that service?

Thanks guys-
boo radley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2003, 03:31 PM   #5 (permalink)
1st Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
mankiks323i is an unknown quantity at this point
yes it does sound reasonable. 4 or five hundred at independent shop sounds right. Go to dealer expect double for inspection 2. B)
Old 10-16-2003, 04:15 PM   #6 (permalink)
2nd Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
Mach 5 has a reputation beyond reputeMach 5 has a reputation beyond reputeMach 5 has a reputation beyond reputeMach 5 has a reputation beyond reputeMach 5 has a reputation beyond reputeMach 5 has a reputation beyond reputeMach 5 has a reputation beyond reputeMach 5 has a reputation beyond reputeMach 5 has a reputation beyond reputeMach 5 has a reputation beyond reputeMach 5 has a reputation beyond repute
I got my inspection 2 done at a dealer here in Colorado for $300. I thought that it was a pretty good deal.
Ben
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E46, E90)