BMW Werkz banner

Is It Illegal If...?

2K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  M-TekNik 
#1 ·
i take out the orange reflectors and put white ones in?

my cousin has a g35 coupe and he put white reflectors on his and he says its illegal in texas but no one really cares.

thanks

#4 ·
ILLEGAL???????? wow first time i heard that.... umm i think not well here in canada at least a lot of ppl have them i mean even on the canadian bmw website (www.bmw.ca) their bmw has clear light i attached a pic look its sumthing bmw sells for their cars so i dont think it owould be i have them, cops pull me over all the time coz they say imm too "young" to own a 2003 330i coz im 18..RIGHTTTTTTTTT... but ye they never said n e thing about them

Attachments

#6 ·
if youre talking about the sidemarkers, you can have white ones that still flash orange/amber, thats perfectly legal

but even if they flash white, the cops wont give a damn

now flashing red or purple may be another story

#7 ·
Originally posted by TMac325is@Nov 29 2004, 08:29 PM
if youre talking about the sidemarkers, you can have white ones that still flash orange/amber, thats perfectly legal

but even if they flash white, the cops wont give a damn

now flashing red or purple may be another story
[snapback]239877[/snapback]​
thats correct.

#8 ·
Well, you said "reflectors" so I am going to assume you do mean that and not the side markers.....

I too have heard it is "illegal" to replace them with white or clear reflectors, but like most others I would agree that cops have better things to do. They may get you on a technical if you are a &*^% to them getting pulled over for another reason .... (ie..you were speeding AND you have clear reflectors - boy!)....
However, here is a question...if it is illegal to have white or clear and you must keep them red and orange, why does my sports package from the factory have NO reflectors on it whatsoever??????

HMMMMMMMM.... :wtf

#11 ·
It does matter..my side markers were white and they blinked white i got a fix it ticket for it. they wont pull you over just for that if they notice it when they catch you for something else then its a problem. same with my turn signals in the back.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.