Ideas on tricking out my 323i? - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
3-Series (E46, E90) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1999 to Current. Models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318Ci, BMW 320i, BMW 323i, BMW 325i, BMW 330i, BMW 328 Ci, BMW 328i, BMW 325i/xi, BMW 330Ci, BMW 320d, BMW 330d, BMW 335d.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 10-28-2012, 11:45 PM
AG3
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
AG3 is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
Ideas on tricking out my 323i?

Give me ideas? Anything? I think black rims would be a start.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 10-29-2012, 12:30 AM
4DoorWhore

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Lord Vader is on a distinguished road
I don't "trick out" cars so I have no advice their. However I do believe in "tastfully modifing" cars and that I can help with.

Few things to start with include clear corners, black out the grille, black wheels, M-Tech front bumper/lip. The oranage side markers usually look pretty bad on a black car because they stand out so much. Clear corners makes a huge difference.

The E46 has excellent styling so theirs not much that needs to be changed. I like the look of the M3 bumper and wish it had been offered in a Sedan. Thats really the only major body mod i would do. Subtle things can make a world of difference.

ProjectTechnik.com - Alberta based BMW Community
See My car on Project Technik HERE!

And Follow Me on Instagram @E36M52

Founding Member of the Canyonrot Club! Paint Code #343

| OE M3 Bumper | M3 Mirrors | Max Velocity GTR Lip | Euro ZKW Projector Headlights | Jim Conforti CF CAI | UUC Motorwerks Underdrive Pulleys | 18x8 ASA AR1's | Koni Sport Springs & Shocks |
#3 (permalink) Old 10-29-2012, 12:37 AM
AG3
n00b

(Thread Starter)
Yes, Good advice now how would I go about changing the orange side markers? I think rims will be last if anything becuase of my budget. Any other good mods that arent too pricey? Thanks again
#4 (permalink) Old 10-29-2012, 01:10 AM
4DoorWhore

The side marker have a clip on the inside of the fender. Release the clip and they pop right out. You have to take off the fender liner first though.

Cosmetic mods? If you have a Manual a wieghted ZHP shift knob is nice. I dont usually mod the interior to much, so apart from a DICE Media Bridge for my iphone theirs not to much i would change. Some people will wrap the dash inserts in carbon fibre.

Always remember one thing: Maintenance before mods.

It really sucks not being able to drive your car cause something broke and you spend all your money on tint, or wheels or something. Have the maintenance up to date and running the way it should is the best thing you can do for your car.

| OE M3 Bumper | M3 Mirrors | Max Velocity GTR Lip | Euro ZKW Projector Headlights | Jim Conforti CF CAI | UUC Motorwerks Underdrive Pulleys | 18x8 ASA AR1's | Koni Sport Springs & Shocks |
#5 (permalink) Old 10-29-2012, 03:18 PM
AG3
n00b

(Thread Starter)
Yes, very good advice when I bought the car. It had some chipped paint on the bumper so I wanna get that done. I had rims on my old car and a good pair of black rims cost over a grand with new tires. So yeah just looking for cheap and easy ways too make the exterior better and maybe a little better interior. I love the interior so there nothing I woud want to maybe be able to hook up my ipod to my Radio.
#6 (permalink) Old 10-29-2012, 04:03 PM
AG3
n00b

(Thread Starter)
Vader, I just order a black grille. Now what I have heard you can just pop the old one off and the new one will just stick right in. Also ordered a new front license plate. Those are my first steps. Can wait to put on that black grille. Thanks for opening my eyes to that suggestion.
#7 (permalink) Old 10-29-2012, 04:46 PM
AG3
n00b

(Thread Starter)
BMW E46 323i 325i 328i 330i 99 01 Black Front Bumper Hood Kidney Grille Grill | eBay This is what I order does it look legit? The color looks like a light black not sure if its just how the picture was takin or what?
#8 (permalink) Old 10-30-2012, 01:09 AM
4DoorWhore

I spend $2,400 on my 18" rims and BFGoodrich KA TDW high performance tires. A grand is much I plan on spending for tires alone on my truck. Look into CSL Replica rims. They are sexy as hell on the E46.

The grilles look fine, but its always hard to tell in the picutres. The way they display them with the white background makes it hard. I believe its the same as an E36, and if it is, to remove the grilles you hit the center fins with your first. Firm, but not smashing it. The fins pop back, allowing the whole assembly to pull right out.

#9 (permalink) Old 11-25-2012, 10:14 PM
n00b

Steam is on a distinguished road
I like the look of the M3 bumper and wish it had been offered in a Sedan. That's really the only major body mod i would do. Subtle things can make a world of difference.
#10 (permalink) Old 11-26-2012, 12:24 AM
1st Gear Member

Ivan413 is on a distinguished road
Garage
If your looking for like cheap mods and exterior upgrades you can look into changing your side markers to smoked or blacked or even clear to match the corner lights and if you where looking to change your headlight color or tint them check out lamin-x for your car real easy stuff that allow you to quickly change your appearance all within a budget

Just your avg 17 year old with an e36 318i as a DD!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E46, E90)