i have a few questions..... - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E46, E90)
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

3-Series (E46, E90) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1999 to Current. Models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318Ci, BMW 320i, BMW 323i, BMW 325i, BMW 330i, BMW 328 Ci, BMW 328i, BMW 325i/xi, BMW 330Ci, BMW 320d, BMW 330d, BMW 335d.

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2009, 03:52 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
lennybmw is on a distinguished road
i have a few questions.....

i have a 328i 2008 base model.....

how can i make my fog lights turn on automatically?

also i no the car has this volume thing where the volume in my car turns down....how do i change the settings for that sensitivity....

mp3 dosnt always work why is that?
lennybmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-23-2009, 04:01 PM   #2 (permalink)
OMFG another one!?

Car: 89 E30 325i, 2007 Honda
Photos:
witeshark is just really nicewiteshark is just really nicewiteshark is just really nicewiteshark is just really nicewiteshark is just really nice
Have you looked at the owner's manual and the stereo book? What do you mean by auto fog lights? Auto with what?

Sig by zeaq
witeshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 12:05 AM   #3 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
lennybmw is on a distinguished road
when i start my car i want fog lights to turn on aswell as the regular lights...and i looked at the manual nothing there....
lennybmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 12:20 AM   #4 (permalink)
drz
Administrator

Car: zhp
Photos:
drz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to drz Send a message via MSN to drz
I'll try to come back to this post later.

1) My fog lights do teh same thing. Whenever I start the car, they are always off, regardless of whether they were on when I shut it off. This may be something taht can only be changed with a reflash from the dealer.

2) The speed-sensitive volume control can be adjusted. I know that for sure. I'll just have to go and remember where it is that I found how it is done.

Please let us know if you figure it out before we do!
Old 03-24-2009, 08:13 AM   #5 (permalink)
1st Gear Member

Car: 1994 e34 525
Photos:
coolvegase34 is an unknown quantity at this point
i have a separate switch for my fog lights that when left in the on position, they come on when i hit my main light switch. Benefits of a 5 series i guess
coolvegase34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 11:28 PM   #6 (permalink)
n00b

Car: 03 Silverado (Looking for E9X)
Photos:
steppro is on a distinguished road
as for the fog lights, you would need to take it to the dealer, it can be added to the driver profile. as for the radio, you can adjust the speed dependant volume through the idrive if you have one, if you push down on the knob, then select settings and scroll through the list until you find it....if you do not have idrive, turn off radio, then turn it back on and hold the 'm' button for 8 seconds, scroll through the menu and change the GAL setting, thats your speed dependant volume
steppro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 12:33 AM   #7 (permalink)
drz
Administrator

Car: zhp
Photos:
drz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to drz Send a message via MSN to drz
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolvegase34 View Post
i have a separate switch for my fog lights that when left in the on position, they come on when i hit my main light switch. Benefits of a 5 series i guess
That is how it works no my E36 3 Series. I think they started doing it differently on new chasis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steppro View Post
as for the fog lights, you would need to take it to the dealer, it can be added to the driver profile. as for the radio, you can adjust the speed dependant volume through the idrive if you have one, if you push down on the knob, then select settings and scroll through the list until you find it....if you do not have idrive, turn off radio, then turn it back on and hold the 'm' button for 8 seconds, scroll through the menu and change the GAL setting, thats your speed dependant volume
Thanks for your help!

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E46, E90)