I bought my first Bimmer and I need some help plzzzzz - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E46, E90)
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

3-Series (E46, E90) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1999 to Current. Models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318Ci, BMW 320i, BMW 323i, BMW 325i, BMW 330i, BMW 328 Ci, BMW 328i, BMW 325i/xi, BMW 330Ci, BMW 320d, BMW 330d, BMW 335d.

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2008, 06:23 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

Car: 330cic___R6
Photos:
bimmer_over_wife is on a distinguished road
Smile I bought my first Bimmer and I need some help plzzzzz

I just bought a 330ci convertible with 82,000 miles and the car has some minor problems. When I put the car in reverse only the right side mirror tilts down, and the parking aid is not working, I checked the fuse for both and theyr not blown. The stock body kit is quite beat up, it has scratches on the sides and bottom. I'm looking for a classy/luxury looking full body kit if any1 has some suggestions plz let me know. I'm looking for something like this one: E46 AC Schnitzer S3 Body Kit Body Kits
Also, after about a week of driving it, the service engine soon light came on, could it be a dummy light or something serious? I just changed the oil and air filter.
bimmer_over_wife is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-31-2008, 06:27 PM   #2 (permalink)
1st Gear Member

Car: Anthracite e39 530iA
Photos:
Dudesky_E36 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Dudesky_E36
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmer_over_wife View Post
When I put the car in reverse only the right side mirror tilts down,
That's normal and correct. The left side is not supposed to move.
Old 08-31-2008, 06:37 PM   #3 (permalink)
n00b

Photos:
ok thank you, my sis has a 03 range rover and both mirrors tilt down when the car is in reverse thats why I found it weird when only the right side mirror went down for me
Old 08-31-2008, 07:18 PM   #4 (permalink)
OMFG another one!?

Car: 89 E30 325i, 2007 Honda
Photos:
witeshark is just really nicewiteshark is just really nicewiteshark is just really nicewiteshark is just really nicewiteshark is just really nice
The Range Rover was likely made that way for the UK right side drive models.

Sig by zeaq
witeshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 08:48 PM   #5 (permalink)
drz
Administrator

Car: zhp
Photos:
drz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to drz Send a message via MSN to drz
Only the right mirro will come down to show you the curb.

About the service engine soon light: I recommend that you take teh car to AutoZone and have them read teh OBDII codes off your car so that we know why the light tripped, which will enable us to give you the pertinent advice.
Old 09-02-2008, 03:30 PM   #6 (permalink)
Neutral Member

Car:
Photos:
titaniumbullet is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to titaniumbullet Send a message via Yahoo to titaniumbullet
The light may be on because of the change in the filter and or the oil change... I woultnt worry too much and the passenger side mirror should be the only onle that tilts...
Old 09-02-2008, 03:42 PM   #7 (permalink)
n00b

Photos:
ya after reading the owners manual i found out that i didnt tighten the gas cap enough and that triggered the light. Does anyone no if installing a keyless car starter effect the car? My alarm also isnt working ill probably install a new one with a remote car starter.
T
Old 09-02-2008, 03:46 PM   #8 (permalink)
n00b

Photos:
ya after reading the owners manual i found out that i didnt tighten the gas cap enough and that triggered the light. Does anyone no if installing a keyless car starter effect the car? My alarm system also isnt working ill probably install a new one with a remote car starter. I also cant figure out wat the R/T button on the steering wheel does.
Old 09-02-2008, 04:10 PM   #9 (permalink)
Neutral Member

Car:
Photos:
titaniumbullet is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to titaniumbullet Send a message via Yahoo to titaniumbullet
sometimes it will effect the alarm depending on what you are putting in car.. Id ask a mech...
Old 09-02-2008, 10:57 PM   #10 (permalink)
drz
Administrator

Car: zhp
Photos:
drz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to drz Send a message via MSN to drz
The R/T button on the steering wheel toggles the function of the arrow keys just above it. In Radio mode, it scrolls through your presets or CD tracks. In Telephone mode, it scrolls alphabetically through your telephone presets, all viewable on the instrument cluster display.

I believe that it will also turn your phone on.
Old 09-26-2008, 04:42 PM   #11 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
BMWlover2 is on a distinguished road
Hi,
I'm a new member in this forum and hope you can give me some help on a new problem in my 2001 BMW 330i, the engine service soon light came on, and also I can tell I have a misfire feeling the shaking after 5 second of started on , I hook up the computer and have the P1347 and P1352 faults which means misfire on Cyl 3 and 6, Replaced all spark plugs,swap coils,and nothing better. Noticed that inyector #3 was not working so I replaced for a new one, still not working !!......checked voltage came from DME and not voltage was going to energize this injector. After read the manual it said that the DME will cut the fuel for the cylinder affected if know which one can be cause a major problem later. SO I'm stuck on it, I read about Vanos problems here and there, I read about DME need to be reprogramed.....Have you seen anything like this before?, I will apreciated your help...thanks very much in advance.

Ivan
(Dallas-Texas/USA)
BMWlover2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 07:00 AM   #12 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
barchie325i is on a distinguished road
Help

i just bought a 02 325i and i need an owners manual to get the layout for the fuse box any on have it??? Plz let me know
barchie325i is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E46, E90)