huh - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E46, E90)
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

3-Series (E46, E90) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1999 to Current. Models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318Ci, BMW 320i, BMW 323i, BMW 325i, BMW 330i, BMW 328 Ci, BMW 328i, BMW 325i/xi, BMW 330Ci, BMW 320d, BMW 330d, BMW 335d.

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2003, 10:23 AM   #1 (permalink)
1st Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
Snowjob is an unknown quantity at this point
I was checking out different cars and I noticed that this 99 323i didn't have wheel-mounted radio controls, etc. I thought that was standard?

http://www.autotrader.com/findacar/images....=n&color=&#main
Snowjob is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-29-2003, 11:12 AM   #2 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
RichReg is an unknown quantity at this point

Not standard until the steering wheel was changed in mid-2000 for all models
to a new four-spoke design. All the 2001 323s and some 2000s got the new wheel.

R.R.
RichReg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2003, 11:42 AM   #3 (permalink)
1st Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
were the wheel controls an option in 99 though? because there are pictures of 99 323i's that dont have the 3 spoke sport wheel but still have the wheel controls..?

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_...lor=&cardist=54
Old 12-29-2003, 12:03 PM   #4 (permalink)
2nd Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
Mach 5 has a reputation beyond reputeMach 5 has a reputation beyond reputeMach 5 has a reputation beyond reputeMach 5 has a reputation beyond reputeMach 5 has a reputation beyond reputeMach 5 has a reputation beyond reputeMach 5 has a reputation beyond reputeMach 5 has a reputation beyond reputeMach 5 has a reputation beyond reputeMach 5 has a reputation beyond reputeMach 5 has a reputation beyond repute
The biggest differance that I see between the two cars above it that the first one (Green) is a very base vehicle and the second (White) is at least a premium package car. The Multi-function wheel may have been part of the premium package in '99 I can't remember. IMO I would get the white one if you are shopping. It has more miles but it is $95 cheaper, has a larger engine, and more options.
Ben
Old 12-29-2003, 01:54 PM   #5 (permalink)
1st Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
bezor is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Mach 5@Dec 29 2003, 01:43 PM
The biggest differance that I see between the two cars above it that the first one (Green) is a very base vehicle and the second (White) is at least a premium package car. The Multi-function wheel may have been part of the premium package in '99 I can't remember. IMO I would get the white one if you are shopping. It has more miles but it is $95 cheaper, has a larger engine, and more options.
Ben
Yepers.

The Multi-function Steering wheel (not the sport wheel) was an extra cost option in the early E46's as it came with premium package. It was standard starting in '01 which meant you got it without ordering the premium package.
bezor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2003, 03:01 PM   #6 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
RichReg is an unknown quantity at this point

Snowjob;

It is true that for 1999, the Premium package was required on the 323i in order to get the Multi-Function controls. However, the second car you posted a link to is a 328i, which always had the Multi-Function controls as standard, as did both coupe models (323Ci & 328Ci) in 2000.

According to my Fast-Facts BMW Cd-Rom, the new 4-Spoke steering wheel change happened for all models produced after June 2000, so even some 2000 E46 models would have gotten this new wheel. Although I've never seen the newer 4-spoke wheel design without Multi-Function controls, it may have existed.

I actually think that when the design of the steering wheel changed, BMW just made the Multi-Function controls standard on every model for simplicity's sake.
RichReg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2003, 03:52 PM   #7 (permalink)
1st Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
Fangs will become famous soon enoughFangs will become famous soon enough
My 99 323i has the premium package and has a four-spoke wheel with radio controls (and cruise control). It was produced in March 99
Fangs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2003, 08:24 PM   #8 (permalink)
1st Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
thanks all, got it now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E46, E90)