BMW Werkz banner

Hp Increase With These Mods?

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  masshoff 
#1 ·
Hello,

I just recently picked up my first BMW - its a 1999 323i. Its in fastastic shape!

The previous owner had a few mods done to the car, and while i've done a little research - i'm having a hard time figuring out how much HP this car has over a stock version.

The mods:
Dinan Cold Air Intake
Dinan Stage 1 software
Turner Motorsports power pulley upgrade

Might be worthy to note that all these upgrades were done at Turner Motorsports.

The question - what would the approximate HP gain be from these mods? i believe the stock hp was 175(?). So i am guessing that after these mods - its right around 200hp.

Any thoughts? I'm not looking for an exact rocket scientist measurement - just ballpark.

Thanks in advance,
Mike the new

See less See more
#2 ·
About 15-20HP max is my guess.

I didnt have Dinan on mine so Im not sure, but typically CAI gives about 10hp, software about 5HP, and the Pulleys dont actually give you HP they just free up HP that was used to turn those stock pulleys, but you wil probably notice another 5HP max.

Now this is just my personal experience with these mods, maybe someone can give some exact numbers. Good Luck!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.