BMW Werkz banner

How Long Can You Go

2K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  Aloyouis 
#1 ·
Just wondering how long you've gone without refueling once the light goes on. Anyone ever run out of gas? :p

#3 ·
I've never actually run out of gas, but I seem to remember going about 100 miles once with the light on. I actually looked up the specs on how much gas is left when the light comes on, but I can't remember it off hand.

Have fun!

#5 ·
Lowest i've ever gone was 7 miles left, according to trip computer.

#6 ·
I did see '---' displayed with computer set to 'miles-to-empty'.

Was lucky enough not to run out of gas though; when this was happening there was a gas station within couple of hundreds yards. I would say before lights comes on and '---' displayed is about 50-60 mi. If anybody is tempted to verify numbers please make sure you have full gas can in your trunk. Make sure it is closed tightly, atherwise you're going to stinch YOUR bimmer.

#11 ·
Originally posted by jiggs@May 3 2005, 05:44 PM
Just wondering how long you've gone without refueling once the light goes on. Anyone ever run out of gas? :p
[snapback]340565[/snapback]​
OK....Ran out of gas...twice! I know dumb ass.....In my defense I drive a ton of miles......so my chances of not paying attention are higher....It does go to -- when really empty. What alerted me to low fuel stautus on both occasions was almost stalling exiting the highway turning right.....but at this point i did not make it to the station...third time I was lucky and did make it.

I LOVE AAA!

JIM

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.