how do i change the blinker light on an 04 3 series - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
3-Series (E46, E90) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1999 to Current. Models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318Ci, BMW 320i, BMW 323i, BMW 325i, BMW 330i, BMW 328 Ci, BMW 328i, BMW 325i/xi, BMW 330Ci, BMW 320d, BMW 330d, BMW 335d.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 07-06-2008, 03:15 PM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
The Xecutionr is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
how do i change the blinker light on an 04 3 series

ok i got an 04 330ci and i was tryin to change the blinker bulb but i have to one piece headlights so i was wondering if i have to take out the whole light fixture to do so and if so whats the easist way to do it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 07-06-2008, 05:15 PM
Neutral Member

FarhadBimmer is on a distinguished road
Which blinker you're talking about? The front signal light comes in one piece and the rest of the light (hi & low beam) are sepoarate.

It's a little bit tricky but you don't need to take the whole fixture out. On the body sight right behind the blinker, there is a slot which with a 3" screw driver you cn get access to the clip that holds the blinker section. Push the clipper and slide the blinker out. There is another style that from the same slot you get access to a bolt that holds the blinker section.

Hope it helps.
#3 (permalink) Old 07-07-2008, 02:53 PM
n00b

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarhadBimmer View Post
Which blinker you're talking about? The front signal light comes in one piece and the rest of the light (hi & low beam) are sepoarate.

It's a little bit tricky but you don't need to take the whole fixture out. On the body sight right behind the blinker, there is a slot which with a 3" screw driver you cn get access to the clip that holds the blinker section. Push the clipper and slide the blinker out. There is another style that from the same slot you get access to a bolt that holds the blinker section.

Hope it helps.
i know what your talking about but its not like that on my car my car is 04 and after 04 they had the one piece headlights.. heres a pic
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	img069.jpg
Views:	603
Size:	62.8 KB
ID:	26788  
#4 (permalink) Old 07-07-2008, 02:54 PM
n00b

(Thread Starter)
can anyone help me with this.. i dont wanna take the whole thing out if i dont have to
#5 (permalink) Old 07-07-2008, 10:23 PM
n00b

(Thread Starter)
anyone at all???
#6 (permalink) Old 07-08-2008, 12:13 AM
W00T

Numark318i has a reputation beyond repute Numark318i has a reputation beyond repute Numark318i has a reputation beyond repute Numark318i has a reputation beyond repute Numark318i has a reputation beyond repute Numark318i has a reputation beyond repute Numark318i has a reputation beyond repute Numark318i has a reputation beyond repute Numark318i has a reputation beyond repute Numark318i has a reputation beyond repute Numark318i has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Numark318i
open the hood and take a picture?

im sure theres an easy way to change it.

maybe behind your wheel well guards?

#7 (permalink) Old 07-08-2008, 01:51 AM
drz
Administrator

drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to drz Send a message via MSN to drz
Yeah. Open the hood and show us what is there. You may have to remove the whole assembly, though

#8 (permalink) Old 07-08-2008, 02:39 AM
Neutral Member

Removing the entire assembly to change a bulb????!!!! I can't believe that. It's not German engineering. There must be an easy way. I'm sure there must be a clip or a bolt or something like that, that allows you to remove the bulb assembly. I guess the bets thing is if you can open the hood nad send a picture to us.
#9 (permalink) Old 07-08-2008, 03:39 AM
Neutral Member

OK ... I looked into this. There are two type of head lights for 2004's. Two piece types similar to my 2002 and one piece type as you've shown on your car. There is a long and narrow tubular bulb holder in the back of your blinker housing. Turn that clockwise (I guess) and slide it out. There is a small 21W yellow bulb connected to it. Change the bulb and do the things in reverse. You should be able to get it by a long nose pliers. It'll be hard though. I wouldn't take the entire assembly off the car as you will need to readjust the high and low beams ... it's just too much and nonsense.
#10 (permalink) Old 07-08-2008, 09:09 AM
drz
Administrator

drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute
I figured there had to be a way do do it from within the engine bay.

Xecutionr, did you find everything ok?

#11 (permalink) Old 07-08-2008, 10:45 AM
n00b

(Thread Starter)
im gonna try today if i cant do it ill take more pics.. i appreciate the help
#12 (permalink) Old 07-08-2008, 10:53 AM
n00b

(Thread Starter)
thanks for the help guys i just found it i dont know how i missed it i guess i was looking too deep.... now do any of you know where i can buy a new side marker assembly... the one on the side of the fender.. i want to change the color from amber to white or blue but thats not a simle as just changing a bulb
#13 (permalink) Old 07-08-2008, 10:54 AM
n00b

(Thread Starter)
and oh yea you dont need pliers the connector sticks out pretty far
#14 (permalink) Old 07-08-2008, 11:29 AM
drz
Administrator

#15 (permalink) Old 07-09-2008, 02:35 PM
n00b

(Thread Starter)
both sites are pretty cool but they dont offer any other color for the bulbs in the sidemarker other than amber
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E46, E90)