HID lights connection HELP!!!! look at this diagram! - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
3-Series (E46, E90) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1999 to Current. Models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318Ci, BMW 320i, BMW 323i, BMW 325i, BMW 330i, BMW 328 Ci, BMW 328i, BMW 325i/xi, BMW 330Ci, BMW 320d, BMW 330d, BMW 335d.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 07-25-2007, 04:51 PM
Neutral Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
BMerViXeN is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
Exclamation HID lights connection HELP!!!! look at this diagram!

Guys, so I got as a gift a set of headlights with already previred hids with angel eyes for my 2000 323. There was a diagram included with the lights but they still don't work, except the high beam. So no angel eyes and no driving lights are coming on. I have two naked wires that I'm supposed to connect to "the position light of car body harness" Ok I'm a complete doo doo wher ethe hell is that? I did same lights on my e36 but connection was much easier. This car is so different.

below is the diagram, so everything is hooked where its supposed to be according to the diagram, except the "black" and "grey" wires that I need to connect to "position light".

Anyone please help!!

Thanks

Last edited by BMerViXeN; 07-25-2007 at 04:54 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 07-26-2007, 12:12 PM
Neutral Member

(Thread Starter)
Well this morning I finally gave up and took it to the shop to have one of my electrican help me out. Even he was frazzled, and that's no good. I left the car and am hoping they will get them lights going. The parking lights are on, high beam is on, just those damn Xenons and AEs aren't! So frustrating. Just wish there was some sort of DIY on line, I search everywhere I found some but nothing that covers HID with AEs in them. So looks like I will have to start the first one ...

And thanks to M3UOND for some tips ... But hey any of you who read this and have any experience, please still share .... how did you get yours connected?
#3 (permalink) Old 07-31-2007, 12:46 PM
Neutral Member

(Thread Starter)
So itturned out that the lights themselves were not properly wired, so had my electrician rewire them, they work, which is great, but for osme reason AEs come on not with the parking lights but with driving lights, shoudl I take it back or can I just try to fix it myself? I was thinking to connect the AEs to turn signals, but on our cars there are only two wires, vs 3 like on e36. So am afraid that they will blink when turn signal is on. Otehr than that I'm happy that the guy foudn the issue. I was going nuts. Will post pix and wiring later. But if anyone dealt with AEs please get back! Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E46, E90)