Help What is up with BMW - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E46, E90)
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

3-Series (E46, E90) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1999 to Current. Models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318Ci, BMW 320i, BMW 323i, BMW 325i, BMW 330i, BMW 328 Ci, BMW 328i, BMW 325i/xi, BMW 330Ci, BMW 320d, BMW 330d, BMW 335d.

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2004, 06:53 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
Craig's3series is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile

I just picked up a new 325i with premium package. I love the car however being a gadget freak I discovered (on my own) that I have a fully funtioning phone with phone number (via BMW Assist) with a 404 area code (port of entry location I guess) it has a fully functioning hands free mic and stereo interupt - too cool! only one problem. I cant use it i found out unless I pay 950.00 for a $79.00 motorola phone with the BMW log AND another $500.00 for the eject kit to hold and connect the phone to the car!!

My question is how can BMW sell a 45K car with this half baked over priced solution for hands free communication. They also offer bluetooth but they tell me they cant seem to work the bugs out of making it work with the BMW assist!

I want to be a happy fun loving BMW owner - but is this how they are with everything?

Does anyone know if there are fixs in the works for these issues on the 2004 3 series? Any help would be greatl appreciated!!

Thanks

Craig
Craig's3series is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-07-2004, 01:45 PM   #2 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
Brupp is an unknown quantity at this point
Craig
My BMW advisor has informed me that BMW is getting out of the cell phone business. Your 404 code is the Atlanta area.

He also advised me that 3 series bimmers are sensitive to after market products that require juice. Tie into the wrong circuit and you could start a electrical issue for your new ride due to all the memory settings that are juice'd when car is not running. ex: power locks, seats, seat memory, windows etc..

Good luck
show01
Brupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E46, E90)