BMW Werkz banner

Help please !

15K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  90rr 
#1 ·
Hi everyone
This is my 1st post on this forum ,and unfortunately it's a problem :(
Couple days ago after having a car wash went on 90 mile trip and on my way back i got this:

1. Start Assist (CC-ID 354)

2. Brake and Stability Systems Failure (CC-ID 236)

3. DBC Assist (CC-ID 24)

I didn't take a picture but found one online (exact same problem)

No changes in braking at all.Parked turned car off ,and after 15 - 20 min car started normally same lights came back for short period of time , and disappeared . last night i got lights again,parked car and went to bed . In the morning lights were gone .

Does anyone knows what is this and how much would cost to fix it ? I don't have a warranty (07 328 (e90 ).

Thanks in advance

See less See more
#2 ·
Your best bet is to take it to a local auto parts shop and have the OBD system scanned for codes.

#3 ·
went there ... he cleaned all error codes (it was coming as failed hydro pump system,ABS and DCT system) . my mechanic said that could be just a ABS sensor or some other sensor (forgot which one exactly) or even wiring. As i mentioned warnings came for short period and so far braking and handling are perfectly normal . When I do a "System check" it comes Clean. I am wondering if someone had a similar problem? Found some info online and says that it could be a very expensive repair (around $1700) hoping that is just some sensor ...
Any inputs are welcome !

#6 ·
How old is your car? My got shot after 10 years.Battery was tested by BMW dealership 1 month before it died and I was told is still good .no need to worry. My car was doing same as you said.One morning could not start, battery was done.On these car electrical systems are very complicated,even is hard to start it with booster cables.Newer models do not respond to jump start at all.

#7 ·
I will agree. The E60 is known for Wierd electrics issues, usually connected to the iDrive. But several people have reported Wierd battery issues I clouding short life. My 1998 had the original battery last till 2007.

#9 ·
Ops. Missed that.

#12 ·
Well ... i jinksed ! Lights are back ... same 'ol crap

CC-ID 236
CC-ID 354
CC-ID 24

driving me crazy... some say "wheel speed sensor" wheel bearing" "dsc module /pump" (hope not) etc.... . Btw i just find out that previous owner replaced battery just before i got it. So battery is around 2 year old .
does anyone experienced same problem ?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.