BMW Werkz banner

HELP!! Occupancy Sensor

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  drz 
#1 ·
Hey,
I have a 2006 325i, my airbag light went off so i took the car into a electronics shop that i know and they said that it was the occupancy sensor, it was saying that there was a child sitting on the seat while there was no one. So he couldnt re program it nor fix it. He said that i need a new sensor. I phone a BMW dealer and they said that they do not sell the sensor seperatly and that i have to buy the whole seat which costs 1300. Has anyone gone thru such a problem. I need help!!!! thanks:mad

#4 ·
I *think* BMW of North America's warranty is good there and here. Have you tried taking it into the dealership to ask if warranty will cover it? I mean, some people have their steering wheel replaced for excessive wear under warranty -- I would imagine that the occupancy sensor is more important than that.

#6 ·
In geography class, North America is comprised of all the countries north of the Panama Canal, so that would be more than just the U.S. and Canada. Moreover, whenever further division is made to distinguish parts of the continent as North and Central America, "North America" is understood to be the U.S., Canada, and Mexico.

But to get back on topic: that BMW NA is the business entity that represents BMW in the US and Canada does not necessarily mean that the warranty for a vehicle purchased in one country will cover the car in either territory.

This information is just one call away, however.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.