BMW Werkz banner

Help me choose

962 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  importtuner 
#1 ·
Hi all. I am new to these forums, as a member. I have been lurking around for a while however. Currently, I have a Honda Fit, however, after driving it for 1.5 years, I've decided I need a upgrade. The car gets tossed around a lot especially on the highway, as it weighs only 2500 pounds, and I feel extremely unsafe in the car, especially after I got sideswiped by a Lincoln Town Car last month. This past weekend, I drove a 335xi coupe 6-speed and fell in love with it. It was a 2009, with all the trimmings, and 50k miles. The dealer (BMW Dealer in Tenafly, NJ) is selling it for 29,985. It has been on the lot for 60+ days and I know that when it reaches 90 days, they will sell it wholesale to an auction. The HPFP has been replaced. Now I am wondering, should I go with a 1 series, a 3 series sedan, or coupe? I like the 1 series and if I went that route, I'd definitely go with the 135i. However, it is only about 500 pounds more than my fit, so I can imagine it'd get tossed around a lot as well. Which leads me to the 3 series. It'd be significantly heavier than my Fit. Should I go with the 3 series sedan or coupe? How is the room in the backseat? I am 5'10", but with pretty short legs, so I usually don't push the seat all the way back. Is there enough room in the back for 2 people(I usually drive around with women who are no taller than 5'4") Should I special order or try to have the dealer locate a car for me. I drive purely manuals, so automatics are a big NO for me. I know how hard it is to find manuals for these cars, which is the reason I am asking if I should special order or have the dealer locate one for me, if I decide to go new. Sorry for so many questions.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.