Help me choose - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
3-Series (E46, E90) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1999 to Current. Models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318Ci, BMW 320i, BMW 323i, BMW 325i, BMW 330i, BMW 328 Ci, BMW 328i, BMW 325i/xi, BMW 330Ci, BMW 320d, BMW 330d, BMW 335d.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 05-24-2012, 02:01 PM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
importtuner is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
Help me choose

Hi all. I am new to these forums, as a member. I have been lurking around for a while however. Currently, I have a Honda Fit, however, after driving it for 1.5 years, I've decided I need a upgrade. The car gets tossed around a lot especially on the highway, as it weighs only 2500 pounds, and I feel extremely unsafe in the car, especially after I got sideswiped by a Lincoln Town Car last month. This past weekend, I drove a 335xi coupe 6-speed and fell in love with it. It was a 2009, with all the trimmings, and 50k miles. The dealer (BMW Dealer in Tenafly, NJ) is selling it for 29,985. It has been on the lot for 60+ days and I know that when it reaches 90 days, they will sell it wholesale to an auction. The HPFP has been replaced. Now I am wondering, should I go with a 1 series, a 3 series sedan, or coupe? I like the 1 series and if I went that route, I'd definitely go with the 135i. However, it is only about 500 pounds more than my fit, so I can imagine it'd get tossed around a lot as well. Which leads me to the 3 series. It'd be significantly heavier than my Fit. Should I go with the 3 series sedan or coupe? How is the room in the backseat? I am 5'10", but with pretty short legs, so I usually don't push the seat all the way back. Is there enough room in the back for 2 people(I usually drive around with women who are no taller than 5'4") Should I special order or try to have the dealer locate a car for me. I drive purely manuals, so automatics are a big NO for me. I know how hard it is to find manuals for these cars, which is the reason I am asking if I should special order or have the dealer locate one for me, if I decide to go new. Sorry for so many questions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E46, E90)