help installing clear indicator kit on e46 ci - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
3-Series (E46, E90) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1999 to Current. Models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318Ci, BMW 320i, BMW 323i, BMW 325i, BMW 330i, BMW 328 Ci, BMW 328i, BMW 325i/xi, BMW 330Ci, BMW 320d, BMW 330d, BMW 335d.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 12-07-2005, 01:55 PM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
ddognz is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
help installing clear indicator kit on e46 ci

hi guys,
i have just purchased the Clear Red/White Light Kit for my 318 Ci e46, it has the orange ones which i think kill the look. however looking under the bonnet it seems kinda complex to get the side indicators changed, will i have to remove the headlights to do this? what about the side guard indicators, the tail lights seem simple enough but just to be safe can someone provide me to get these lights out or post a link to somewhere i can find this information for the e46 ci
i wanna do this on my own and have all the tools needed just need the knowledge now

Cheers
Amyn
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 12-07-2005, 02:10 PM
Keep it Copacetic

///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ///M Power
The sides are pretty easy as I rcall on a e46. Simply I believe you need to take a flathead screwdriver and stick it down one of the whole to the corners and it should knick a clip and come loose. You dotn need to pull out your headlights. I dont remembe exactly how I did it on my friends 325ci a logn time ago but it was somethign very simple.

1995 BMW M3 Turbo - Dakar/Black
#3 (permalink) Old 12-07-2005, 05:18 PM
You Can Has A Custom Title!!

AZ325Ci is on a distinguished road
what year is your car? depending on the year, it varies.

#4 (permalink) Old 12-07-2005, 05:38 PM
n00b

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ325Ci
what year is your car? depending on the year, it varies.
its a 2000 model tiptronic i belive its not a valvetronic. its just that the area behind the indicators in the front is so packed no way to just push them out from the back.

also how do u remove the side repeaters which are in the fender those should be fairly simple yeah?
#5 (permalink) Old 12-07-2005, 06:28 PM
n00b

jakksfor20 is on a distinguished road
Do you have the manual for the car? If so then there is a picture ("Replacing turn signal bulb") in there showing which hole you need to stick the screwdriver in to release the corner light assembly. When you find the right hole, just take a flashlight and look down in there and you will see two plastic bar looking things at the back of the light. You will need to push down about a 1/4" on the top one and gently pull the light out. A good way to know what you are looking for in that hole is to compare the clear corner you have with what's on the car. You will see the top clip that holds it in there and how you can release it.
This will help too. http://www.e46fanatics.com/how-tos/e...ear_corner.php

For the repeaters.
http://www.e46fanatics.com/howto/how...hp?howto_id=43
About half way down this page gives you the best way. I posted something else that was a little "off".

Along with the clear corners and repeaters, look into the bulbs that are painted with the silver paint for the ultimate clear look.

Last edited by jakksfor20; 12-07-2005 at 06:43 PM.
#6 (permalink) Old 12-08-2005, 02:30 AM
n00b

(Thread Starter)
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakksfor20
Do you have the manual for the car? If so then there is a picture ("Replacing turn signal bulb") in there showing which hole you need to stick the screwdriver in to release the corner light assembly. When you find the right hole, just take a flashlight and look down in there and you will see two plastic bar looking things at the back of the light. You will need to push down about a 1/4" on the top one and gently pull the light out. A good way to know what you are looking for in that hole is to compare the clear corner you have with what's on the car. You will see the top clip that holds it in there and how you can release it.
This will help too. http://www.e46fanatics.com/how-tos/e...ear_corner.php

For the repeaters.
http://www.e46fanatics.com/howto/how...hp?howto_id=43
About half way down this page gives you the best way. I posted something else that was a little "off".

Along with the clear corners and repeaters, look into the bulbs that are painted with the silver paint for the ultimate clear look.
ohh thanks MATE YOUR A LEGEND....
#7 (permalink) Old 12-08-2005, 02:48 AM
n00b

(Thread Starter)
btw no i dont have a manual for the car :-<
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E46, E90)