help and input needed please - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
3-Series (E46, E90) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1999 to Current. Models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318Ci, BMW 320i, BMW 323i, BMW 325i, BMW 330i, BMW 328 Ci, BMW 328i, BMW 325i/xi, BMW 330Ci, BMW 320d, BMW 330d, BMW 335d.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 12-17-2008, 10:43 PM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
popped_clutch is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
help and input needed please

hi, i am new to your forum site and new to the world of bimmers, but i am in love with this world. I jsut bought a 2001 330i for my first bmw to tune. i did my reseach and probably should have went with an m3 or a 325 or 323, but the price was right and so was the cars miles and wear. So it being my first bimmer to tune i need some ideas on what to do to it. this is not my first car that i have tuned; i have done three others before this one. none the less i dont know what parts to put on my car or there is a lack of finding them really. I looked at dinan and there prices where way way to much. but i am looking to do a CAIC (cold air intake kit), some sort of chip, exhaust,suspension, and i would like a turbo kit but can not find one. I am rather partial with turbos. In my mind i have more flexability with them then i would with a supercharger. So i was wondering your ideas on the products that i should put on this car an everything. your critizism would be greatly accepted.

here are my thoughts for the following areas

CAIC = kn
exhaust = borla
suspension= h and r
chip = ?
forced induction = ? if forced into supercharger vf engeneering.

hope to hear your relpies soon. also my goal with this car is to make it a some what daily driver with alot of fun in it and to have a sneaky caged beast in it that no one expects. so for the forced induction area i would liek to keep it stage one
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 12-18-2008, 10:20 PM
OMFG another one!?

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice
This kind of tuning is complex in the best case...

BMW

Sig by zeaq
#3 (permalink) Old 12-18-2008, 10:47 PM
n00b

popped_clutch is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
yes it is. but i really could go with out the forced induction kit and i would be jsut fine with the four most common mods, being, cold air intake, exhaust, adding a chip, and supenssion. but i think after driving my car i will jsut add new springs and front and rear sway bars. That is if i (which i dont think i will) go without forced induction. like intake will add anywhere depending on like the company on average 10hp, and exhaust hmm thats a hard one to put a finger on. chip that incoperates all those mods added together and its self will add like maybe 35 hp and fine tune it to get a better throttle response and what now. but I am clueless with bmw tuning i dont know what is good and what isnt. i want to see my money get it bang for the buck, but wit out breaking the bank to hard. Dinan has some nice packages that i was looking at with like every thing i want in it like the air intake and exhaust and chip. which is nice you know cause they are all from the same parts so the chip is programed for those dementions and it has already been dynod. and you know what they say its better to stay with the same product if its worth it cause those products are made to work together. So i did some reading in a few post from awhile ago i think and ppl wherent happy with dinan like there air intake only returns 8hp (weak) it looks to me as if it was made for looks or something, but yeah i was wondering if any one could point me to some products that they have tried in those areas that i mentioned. i have read a lot of your post and i think you guys could really really help me out here.
#4 (permalink) Old 12-18-2008, 10:50 PM
2nd Gear Member

Steve323i99 is on a distinguished road
I would say concentrate on the suspension and maybe the exhaust system. Bilstien seems to be a popular choice. It all depends on what you’re looking for in drop and adjustments. Also upgrade the sway/anti-roll bars and possibly a front strut brace. Borla or UUC are good brands for exhaust then again it all depends on what you are looking at for sound (because that’s all you’re really getting). CAI’s are also for sound and provide little to no gains. Good brands that I have heard of are Conforti or aFe. I personally have the K&N but I have not installed it yet. CAI and chips are usless if going FI because they have thier own set up.
As for anything else I wouldn’t even consider if you are looking into FI because it’s all going to change. You’ll also need to do reinforcement upgrades for FI. I am not familiar with it so I can’t help you there.

UUC TSE3 | ST V1 coilovers | TMS sways | CSL replicas 18"x8.5" | ATE slotted rotors w/ Axxis USP | Clear lights all around
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E46, E90)