BMW Werkz banner

Help Help Help!! Bmw E46 330 Front Brake issues

3K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Jack Dabsy 
#1 ·
I need help!!
I currently own a 2001 E46 330 sport and have done for the past year.
I am now on my 3rd set of brake discs and pads as they keep warping!! (its getting expensive) I have had two sets of standard a/m discs (Bosch) which both have warped and now running a set of Black diamond combi (drilled and grooved discs/pads) the Black diamond Discs have now warped causing nasty brake judder, I have followed each running in interval to the mile and more, and made sure not to apply the brakes when stationary in traffic.

Its getting to the point now where I am thinking of selling the car :(
Either that or upgrading the front brakes to a big brake conversion. (I have been looking at the Ksport kits)

Can anyone please advise me of any known issues, or if anyone else has experienced the same problems and found a cure?!

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Scotty

See less See more
#2 ·
Warping is typically a byproduct of heating and cooling. This typically happens over a long period of time. Is your car exposed to any kind of extreme heat on a regular basis?

Have you checked to see if your front calipers are operating correctly?

What kind of brake pads are you using?
Have you tried OEM brake parts? They're typically more compatible with each other as well as your car.
Did you bleed your brakes recently?

There are many different factors and reasons why this might happen.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.