BMW Werkz banner

Help !! E46 328i Strange Noise !!!!

3K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  MohanUK 
#1 ·
Help !! :banghead

I have a 328i E46

It recently started making a strange noise !

When you remove the oil dipstick or the oil filler cap the noise becomes more louder !!

I have checked and topped up the oil and have had the car recently serviced about 5 weeks ago which included the oil filter.. (did not do it then and has been fine for around 4 weeks)

I have had the oil level sensor replaced (still there).

I have had the aircon and the fan belts replaced (no difference however still needed replacing).

There are no signs of leaking oil or water or contamination.

Had a word with a friend and was told that it may be a oil pressure issue ? or a tear in the manifold gasket or oil pump ???? :confused

Also the yellow oil light comes on for about 7-10 seconds just after the car is started and then goes way.

When oil fill cap is taken off at idle.

Can anybody tell me what is under the engine manifold and where on the net I can get pictures and or for information ?

Strange, annoying and very worrying !!

Has anybody else come across this problem and if what is it or what could it be ? Suggestions would be great as it is starting to p*ss me off !

I don't know if a rubber hose pipe or something else has come loose causing air or something to enter the system.

PLEASE PLEASE HELP !

MOST APPRECIATED

THANKS AGAIN

MOHAN

See less See more
#3 ·
Originally posted by sorinescu2000@Oct 13 2004, 08:44 AM
I had a similar problem with the oil lamp turning yellow after engine start.
After several days, they fix it, they told me there was a cable damaged. Now the lamp is not turning yellow anymore :)
[snapback]210391[/snapback]​

Thanks for that - may be why the oil light comes on after startup but don't know if the noise is related in any way ? :dunno

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.