BMW Werkz banner

HELP: 323 Alignment

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Furious 
#1 ·
I have a 99 323i, and have to replace my tires. I ordered the new Falken ZIEX ZE 512's (225/50R16) that were top rated in Consumer Reports from Sears, the only local dealer for Falken (I live in South Georgia, so snow is not an issue).

I know that I need an alignment too, but does it matter if I have a BMW Dealer do it with their "special" equipment, or can Sears do just as good a job (theoretically, anyway)? [My dealership will charge a hell of a lot more, and added that it takes them several hours. I wondered if that means that they will do more adjustments/checks...]

ALSO, assuming that I take it to the dealer, does it matter if I have the alignment done before or after I get the tires replaced (assuming I only drive the 100 mile drive to the dealer between the alignment and tires)? I wouln't think 100 miles would make a difference either way...

Thanks in advance, multiple opinions welcomed...

#2 ·
nothing will happen to the tyres for 100 miles.

sears might do a competent job, but i would not trust them, unless you have a personal experience with their work (that particular shop).

when aligned at the dealership. askl for the printout bvefore and after alignment, it should have at least camber and toe in/out figures for front and rear.

peter

#3 ·
get the tires and get the alignment done, make sure that they are stock tires, its better to do so with stock rims and rubber size.....

secondly no you can get the alignment done anywhere but its best to do it at a bmw trained mechanics, most places that do alignment do realize that our cars actually are suppose to toe-in ever so slight, etc.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.