a good price for an '01 325? - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
3-Series (E46, E90) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1999 to Current. Models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318Ci, BMW 320i, BMW 323i, BMW 325i, BMW 330i, BMW 328 Ci, BMW 328i, BMW 325i/xi, BMW 330Ci, BMW 320d, BMW 330d, BMW 335d.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 08-14-2008, 10:17 PM
Festivus yes, bagels no..

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
yammahamma is a splendid one to behold yammahamma is a splendid one to behold yammahamma is a splendid one to behold yammahamma is a splendid one to behold yammahamma is a splendid one to behold yammahamma is a splendid one to behold yammahamma is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via Yahoo to yammahamma
(Thread Starter)
a good price for an '01 325?

Yup, I'm looking at getting myself an 01 (or so) and there are a few here around town that look real tempting...but I just want to make sure the prices are right.

All the ones I've been looking at are selling for around $9-10,000.

Lets assume all the maintenance is up to date, it's in next to perfect condition, and has around 100,000 miles. oh and 325 or bigger...

What price should I expect?

thanks for the input...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 08-15-2008, 04:54 PM
5th Gear Member

denyo77 is on a distinguished road
Garage
that already sounds like a nice price to me...

#3 (permalink) Old 09-05-2008, 08:41 PM
n00b

325love is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to 325love
i just got mine like a month ago and I payed about 13,500 for an 01' 325i with about 50,000 miles on it, so with 100,000 or more that price sounds about right
#4 (permalink) Old 10-20-2008, 07:12 PM
n00b

jayton is on a distinguished road
I just bought an 01 325i sedan with 109000 miles for $9500.
#5 (permalink) Old 10-21-2008, 07:41 PM
n00b

hbbodley is on a distinguished road
just bought a 00 323i for $7900 with 96000 miles on it.
#6 (permalink) Old 10-22-2008, 11:28 AM
n00b

Zapastor is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by yammahamma View Post
Yup, I'm looking at getting myself an 01 (or so) and there are a few here around town that look real tempting...but I just want to make sure the prices are right.

All the ones I've been looking at are selling for around $9-10,000.

Lets assume all the maintenance is up to date, it's in next to perfect condition, and has around 100,000 miles. oh and 325 or bigger...

What price should I expect?

thanks for the input...

Six weeks ago I got a 2002 325i with 93,000 miles for $10,200 in really great condition excepting for some typical New York rear bumper rash and a a few minor things like a missing cup holder and a partially broken rear window power switch.

I am quite pleased with the purchase to date and would suggest that while you are looking for the 01 you also take a look at the 02...a couple of nice changes and upgrades.
#7 (permalink) Old 10-22-2008, 12:26 PM
drz
Administrator

drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to drz Send a message via MSN to drz
I'd for for an '02 (face-lift ftw), sport, and a 330i if you can find one in your price range.

#8 (permalink) Old 10-22-2008, 04:10 PM
W00T

Numark318i has a reputation beyond repute Numark318i has a reputation beyond repute Numark318i has a reputation beyond repute Numark318i has a reputation beyond repute Numark318i has a reputation beyond repute Numark318i has a reputation beyond repute Numark318i has a reputation beyond repute Numark318i has a reputation beyond repute Numark318i has a reputation beyond repute Numark318i has a reputation beyond repute Numark318i has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Numark318i
Quote:
Originally Posted by drz View Post
I'd for for an '02 (face-lift ftw), sport, and a 330i if you can find one in your price range.
psh..coupe E46 ftmfw.

I would also get a 2002 though, 2001 still has the camry steering rack..meh at feedback unless your driving it like you stole it and are ready to flip it.

#9 (permalink) Old 12-01-2008, 05:36 PM

yammahamma is a splendid one to behold yammahamma is a splendid one to behold yammahamma is a splendid one to behold yammahamma is a splendid one to behold yammahamma is a splendid one to behold yammahamma is a splendid one to behold yammahamma is a splendid one to behold
(Thread Starter)
^^^?

you mean the 4 spoke steering wheel?

I just did some searching found plenty of '02's with the 4 spoke.

I for sure want the 3 spoker...is it possible to swap out the 4 spoke for the 3 spoke steering wheel?

#10 (permalink) Old 12-01-2008, 11:07 PM
drz
Administrator

drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to drz Send a message via MSN to drz
^^ No, he means the steering rack:

Q: What's up with the steering for cars produced between June and December 2000?
A: BMW marketing had feedback that said that their cars took too much effort to turn the wheel in slow speed situations, i.e. parking. BMW modified the steering rack and system to decrease the steering effort. Those owners who have had extensive experience with E36's (previous generation 3 series) or pre June 2000 cars have stated that there was also a resulting loss of road feel through the steering wheel. Many of these board members have dubbed the "new" steering feel equipped cars as the "Ultimate Parking Machine".

Various owners have stated that the only E46's spared this steering boost and loss in road feel are those equipped with the all wheel drive option (i.e. Xi's).

Current rumors state that the steering rack was modified again starting in Jan. 1, 2001 and that the "old" steering was phased in. Some E46s produced between Jan and April may or may not have the "old" steering. If you are unsure, check out post April 2001 cars and compare steering feel. See this post from "Ginger" and Jon S. (E46 Steering (archive)) & (Re: 330i Power Steering Assist Characteristics (archive)). Those with post-April 1, 2001 have stated that the steering feel was indeed not pre-June 2000 feel, but somewhere in between the "new" (June-Dec 2000) and the old (pre-June 2000). The post April 2001 steering has been dubbed as the "new-new" steering. This change was a direct result of feedback through bimmer.org members posting on the E46 board and direct contact with BMW NA. So our voice does count!

So the current terminology is:
"old" feel: pre-June 2000 build
"new" feel: June through December 2000 and some Jan-April 2001
"new-new" feel: post April 2001
"retrofit" feel: early retrofit "pilot" run participants have stated that the retrofit feels somewhere between the "new-new" and the "old" feel.

(from E46 Fanatics: 3-Series, BMW Forums, BMW Modifications, E46 BMW)

The 3-spoke can be swapped in, but you will also need to purchase the round airbag, since the one from the 4-spoke can't be fit into teh 3-spoke. All E46 with the sport package or performance package and all M3's came stock with the 3-spoke.

#11 (permalink) Old 12-01-2008, 11:28 PM
OMFG another one!?

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice
Truly interesting. I have also read that some new car models with electric power assist to steering have lost road feel enough to make drivers wanna get back to hydraulic assist. Who knew!

BMW

Sig by zeaq
#12 (permalink) Old 12-02-2008, 06:43 PM

(Thread Starter)
Well, I just drove an '01 330i with the sport package....and I really really like it.

here's the ad:

ksl.com - KSL Car Classifieds

80k miles

$10,900

here are the pics:

Notice the silver trim...I hate the wood trim.

any thoughts?

Thanks for the input guys...it really really helps.

#13 (permalink) Old 12-02-2008, 07:02 PM
2nd Gear Member

Steve323i99 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by yammahamma View Post
^^^?

you mean the 4 spoke steering wheel?

I just did some searching found plenty of '02's with the 4 spoke.

I for sure want the 3 spoker...is it possible to swap out the 4 spoke for the 3 spoke steering wheel?
Yes you can but the bigge$t problem is swapping the square airbag for the round one, unless you can get the complete wheel. Know a guy on Bimmerfest that did it.

+1 on all other coments on price range and 02.

UUC TSE3 | ST V1 coilovers | TMS sways | CSL replicas 18"x8.5" | ATE slotted rotors w/ Axxis USP | Clear lights all around
#14 (permalink) Old 12-02-2008, 07:16 PM

(Thread Starter)
^^^ other than the steering rack what are the big changes from 01 to 02?

#15 (permalink) Old 12-02-2008, 07:25 PM
2nd Gear Member

Steve323i99 is on a distinguished road
"Changes from 2001 to 2002
NAV systems now have a widescreen 16x9 display.
E46 Sedans and wagons receive a facelift: New headlight and taillight designs, side directional marker moved and re-shaped, new wider grille, new hood, new front bumpers for 325i and 330i without sport package.
18" wheel option offered on the 330s
Changes made for 9/02 Production (MY2002 mid-year change)
Sirius satellite radio now pre-wired on non-navigation cars" -E46 Wiki
"For 2002, the sedan and sport wagon feature redesigned front fascias, front and rear bumpers, grilles, headlamps, tail lamps, hoods, and fenders. Similar to the theme set by the new 7 Series, the headlamps now tilt up at the trailing edges of the wraparounds rather than tilting down as they have traditionally. BMW also redesigned the shape of the cutouts below the headlamps. When equipped with the aerodynamic package, the front fascia looks like more of an air dam than before with round integrated fog lamps instead of small, thin rectangular lights. This year the lower grille is split all the way across. Bumpers, front and rear, have been given a simpler, cleaner look and the taillight units' functional segments reapportioned to give the main taillights greater illuminated area. The grilles, continuing BMW's dual-kidneys tradition, have been widened. The hood's character lines now sweep outward and rearward from the grilles' upper outer corners back to the body's A-pillars. Front fenders are also modified, with more prominent wheel-opening flares that interrupt the side character lines for an additional element of design interest." -car-reviews.automobile.com
"More standard features, subtle styling changes, and a new type of transmission highlight 2002 additions to BMW's most-popular lineup. All 3-Series models have inline 6-cyl engines. The 325i sedan and wagon and the 325Ci coupe and convertible have a 2.5 liter. The 330i and 330Ci versions have a 3.0 liter. The 325xi sedan and wagon and 330xi sedan have all-wheel drive vs. the other models' rear-wheel drive. The top-line M3 coupe and convertible use a high-power 3.2-liter six and either 6-speed manual transmission or, new for 2002, a sequential manual transmission (SMT). The computer-controlled 6-speed SMT doesn't have a clutch pedal, shifts via steering-wheel "paddles," and can be set to shift like an automatic. Other models offer a conventional 5-speed manual or optional 5-speed automatic. Traction control, an antiskid system, and front torso side airbags are standard; rear side airbags are now available for 2-dr as well as 4-dr models. Front head-protecting tubular airbags are standard except in convertibles. Other across-the-board changes include recalibrated steering, reshaped headrests, standard in-dash CD player, titanium-color interior trim, and revised automatic climate controls. Newly optional are high/low-beam Xenon headlights. Sedans and wagons get a minor facelift, and the optional navigation system has a wider dashboard screen."- consumerguideauto.howstuffworks.com
Thats what I could find.

UUC TSE3 | ST V1 coilovers | TMS sways | CSL replicas 18"x8.5" | ATE slotted rotors w/ Axxis USP | Clear lights all around

Last edited by Steve323i99; 12-02-2008 at 07:38 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E46, E90)