Which To Get, Audi A4 Or Bmw 325? - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
3-Series (E46, E90) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1999 to Current. Models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318Ci, BMW 320i, BMW 323i, BMW 325i, BMW 330i, BMW 328 Ci, BMW 328i, BMW 325i/xi, BMW 330Ci, BMW 320d, BMW 330d, BMW 335d.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 03-14-2005, 11:27 PM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Auditti2004 is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
I know I'm in the market for a used car but I am still deciding whether to get the audi or the bmw. How does the bmw all wheel drive compares to the audi quattro? I defin. want a car that will perform good on the snow and I heard good thing about the quattro and nothing about the bmw all wheel drive. I seriously need your help and appreciate every little bit of info given....thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 03-14-2005, 11:45 PM
/Banned

xsperf is an unknown quantity at this point
i have heard that the bmw 325i is faster than the audi a4, even when the a4 has the 3.0... but who knows, but then again, for the all wheel drive, its probably the same but quattro is really popular
#3 (permalink) Old 03-15-2005, 02:25 AM
Gear Member

BeachBunny has a reputation beyond repute BeachBunny has a reputation beyond repute BeachBunny has a reputation beyond repute BeachBunny has a reputation beyond repute BeachBunny has a reputation beyond repute BeachBunny has a reputation beyond repute BeachBunny has a reputation beyond repute BeachBunny has a reputation beyond repute BeachBunny has a reputation beyond repute BeachBunny has a reputation beyond repute BeachBunny has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by xsperf@Mar 14 2005, 08:45 PM
i have heard that the bmw 325i is faster than the audi a4, even when the a4 has the 3.0... but who knows, but then again, for the all wheel drive, its probably the same but quattro is really popular
[snapback]311616[/snapback]
I almost got an audi a4, '00. I liked driving it and it had great handling... but you'd better get one that never breaks... AT ALL! Audi's are so amazingly expensive to fix, way worse than a BMW.... way way way way worse... check it out, you'll be amazed!
#4 (permalink) Old 03-15-2005, 02:32 AM
/Banned

Johnathan_Hess will become famous soon enough Johnathan_Hess will become famous soon enough
Isn't the A4 turbocharged?

If so, hot DAMN they are easy to modify.

They can go from peppy-quick to stupid-fast really, really easily.
#5 (permalink) Old 03-15-2005, 10:20 AM
1st Gear Member

Hootie361 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Hootie361
I've heard people say their Bimmers are fine with X-all wheel drive or with snow-tires. Do NOT plan on driving your Bimmer at regular speeds in heavy snow/slippery roads with anything BUT winter tires. My 328i had a few fun slips this winter on my Continental All-seasons... pulled a complete 180 one time. Fun, but only cuz I didn't hit the tree. And rear-wheel drive uphill usually results in my car turning 45 degrees to climb the road.

My friends who own Audi's all praise their Quattro drive and curse their electrical problems. I'd have to agree with 'em.

FYI, Bimmers are wicked easy to perform your own maintenance on.

Your Lane ------>
#6 (permalink) Old 03-15-2005, 10:39 AM
You Can Has A Custom Title!!

CiscoKid is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to CiscoKid
you came to a BMW forum.... def the BMW. The audis are hard to perform simple maintence on. I have also had a bad experance with an audi dealer, so it may be skewing my opinion. I would personally go for the BMW, because they are more sporty, look better, and are more reliable.

#7 (permalink) Old 03-15-2005, 10:50 AM
n00b

SNOhprexd is an unknown quantity at this point
thats a stupid question to ask at a bmw forum, you really think someone is going to say yea get the audi, its better than bmw
#8 (permalink) Old 03-15-2005, 11:20 AM
n00b

SNOhprexd is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by SNOhprexd@Mar 15 2005, 10:50 AM
thats a stupid question to ask at a bmw forum, you really think someone is going to say yea get the audi, its better than bmw
[snapback]311866[/snapback]
and if somebody does say that
#9 (permalink) Old 03-15-2005, 11:37 AM
1st Gear Member

exjarhead328 is an unknown quantity at this point
I was seriously considering the Audi TT before I bought my 328. I'm glad I did my homework. After learning of the reliability problems and owners own complaints with the dealers, I didn't test drive one. I owned a VW and it was a fun car to drive, but the damn thing broke down more than Dick Vermiel!! And even though it would be a covered repair, the dealer acted like he was doing Me a favor. VW owns Audi and while I won't never say never, it will be a while before I buy another one of their products. Quattro, schmattro, for a few months of the year all you need is a GOOD set of snows for the RWD, and save yourself some frustration.

SEMPER FI 2/3 Comm
Founder of the Four Pedal Club
2000 328

#10 (permalink) Old 03-15-2005, 11:52 AM
n00b

TDiddy is an unknown quantity at this point
I was faced with that same question a little over a week ago. '03 Audi A4 with a 1.8T, or an '02 325xi. The A4 was OK. No real turbo lag like you would find on a 1.8T Passat. But you could tell it was a 4-cylinder engine. Just always sounded like it was working hard.

I then drove the 325xi and was hooked. It just felt like a better car all around, even though it was a year older (but still had less miles). Yes Audis can be riddled with problems, that was another reason I had to go with BMW. And only insecure people will tell you that its a stupid question.

Tom
#11 (permalink) Old 03-15-2005, 02:05 PM
n00b

Pete is an unknown quantity at this point
It is a good question and it is a good forum to ask the question. I hope I can help a bit with my experience.
I just bought a 325i and also had the Audi in mind when considering the one to buy. I may be fortunate in that I do a lot of travelling here in North America and in Europe as well and have had the opportunity to rent both for extended periods of time. The European cars both are far superior performance wise to the one in North America but, as I said in the beginning, I chose the BMW because of the roominess, fit, finish and, performance of the BMW over the Audi A4 1.8. The performance of the 3.0 Audi is great but the other stuff is still lacking.
One other thing, the only Audi dealer in my town are very arrogant and condescending. I don't think I could have dealt with them for long before being at odds with them.
Good luck in making your decision, it is no as easy as it seems.
#12 (permalink) Old 03-16-2005, 02:20 AM
n00b

christyles is an unknown quantity at this point
I say 325 obviously. Mod the hell out of it. I like the Audi for great interior design. I don't like the slight delay from dead stop to 1, 1-2 gear. It seems to think too much, but it drives great.

I think BMW's drive better. Plus more communities to do mod research and tech tips.

Whatever makes you happy. Good luck. It doesn't matter what we think.

Team Premier / <a href='http://www.e46toronto.ca' target='_blank'>E46toronto.ca</a> / <a href='http://www.premierdetailing.ca' target='_blank'>Premier Auto Detailing</a>

Here: ACS roof spoiler &amp; deals ~ M3 rear lip spoiler ~ facelifted f/bumper ~ Phosphyre Halos ~ Smoked Clears ~ Solaris Niveus ~ Xenisis Fogs ~ Silver guage rings ~ 20% tint ~ Dsylva-Tech software ~ AA front/rear strut bar ~ K&amp;N ~ Magnaflow dual tip
Coming: 18&quot; CSL staggered ~ Eibach Pro Kit ~ Koni Shocks ~ I.C.E.
#13 (permalink) Old 03-28-2005, 11:55 PM
n00b

Auditti2004 is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
Thanks for all the great info...I had already set my heart on a BMW but just needed some reassurance. I'm defin. getting the 2003 or newer 325xi, anyone know of a good dealer in the Tri-states. Any idea how much would a low mileage '03 325xi auto will cost? Oh, another question anyone know anything about the bmw european delivery program and how does it works? Thank for your info.
#14 (permalink) Old 03-29-2005, 12:25 AM
1st Gear Member

EuroBeem is an unknown quantity at this point
yeah go with the bimmer man.....my friend has a 2.8 A4 and its soo shitty....he already had to pay $3000 worth in repairs and its still slow.....i have a 325i manual and smoke him all the time.
#15 (permalink) Old 03-29-2005, 08:07 PM
n00b

zzzzzer is an unknown quantity at this point
Personally, I don't think you could go wrong either way. They're both great cars and truth is I recently saw a lightly modified A4 that made me do a double take. I say compare the two with what you want most in an automobile and if you're still undecided you could always see what dealer gives you the better deal. Ahhhhhh, the good ol' free market economy. Gotta love it. Good luck.

<a href='http://www.j-body.org/members/zzzzzer/profile/' target='_blank'>http://www.j-body.org/members/zzzzzer/profile/</a>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E46, E90)