front cv's - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
3-Series (E46, E90) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1999 to Current. Models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318Ci, BMW 320i, BMW 323i, BMW 325i, BMW 330i, BMW 328 Ci, BMW 328i, BMW 325i/xi, BMW 330Ci, BMW 320d, BMW 330d, BMW 335d.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 04-15-2007, 03:25 PM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
KWIK6 is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
front cv's

I'm new to the forums and a new bmw owner. Recently I found that my wife has been driving our 330xi with two bad cv's in the front.
Where is a good place to pick up the whole assembly for both. Unfortunately they are past just replacing the boots. Any help with a place to buy these for a reasonable price would be appreciated. I'm in the St Louis area but I'm sure there are better deals through the internet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 04-15-2007, 03:46 PM
Keep it Copacetic

///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ///M Power
What is a "cv"

I'm also in St. Louis. Midtown/SLU area. Where are you located? Have you tried getting a price quote from Bavarian or Bimmers R Us?

1995 BMW M3 Turbo - Dakar/Black
#3 (permalink) Old 04-15-2007, 10:34 PM
n00b

(Thread Starter)
I guess they are also called axle assembly? I just know that I usually call them cv joints?
#4 (permalink) Old 04-15-2007, 10:38 PM
n00b

(Thread Starter)
Bavarian doesn't have what I'm looking for and I'll give Bimmers R Us a call tomorrow, thanks.

I actually live about 45 min west of STL. SLU is the one on Grand, right? I go to the VA hospital there so I'm kinda familiar with the area. I noticed it says that you are from LA also, my wife grew up there.

Last edited by KWIK6; 04-15-2007 at 10:41 PM.
#5 (permalink) Old 04-16-2007, 11:48 AM
Keep it Copacetic

///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ///M Power
So I guess you might be looking for the entire steering rack assembly? Bimmers R Us could probably source this out for you. Odd that Bavarian couldn't find it for you.

You could also try and give Bimmerworld.com a phone call. They're my personal favorite for getting parts I need. They might even have some upgraded parts you might enjoy. If it's the steering rack you're looking for, and if they are all about the same price, ask them about getting the 330i ZHP performance package steering rack. It has a more direction ratio. It's actually better than the M3 competitio and regular M3 steering rack.

Yes, SLU is on Grand right off 64/40. the SLU Med campus is right off Grand and 44. I go to SLU undergrad and live on Grand. I'm from Los Angeles, in Palos Verdes.

Also, if you're ever interested in large BMW car meets, we organize an entire midwest regional BMW meet in the middle of August. It's called Midwest Bimmer Festivus. You should defintely come. It actually takes place here in St. Louis. I can give you more information as we continue to organize it.

1995 BMW M3 Turbo - Dakar/Black
#6 (permalink) Old 04-16-2007, 02:59 PM
n00b

(Thread Starter)
Here's a pic of the part I am after, it is the #1. The best price I could find on the net is $404 plus $30 core per axle assembly.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Axle.gif
Views:	325
Size:	9.9 KB
ID:	25421  
#7 (permalink) Old 05-04-2007, 05:35 PM
n00b

(Thread Starter)
Anyone know where to go for a break on parts prices? These cv's are gonna set me back a bit.
#8 (permalink) Old 06-16-2007, 12:18 AM
Neutral Member

bloody13 is hated around these parts
What I've known is with Mazda axle assembly. I bought its parts through my trusted dealer. But I'm sure it's no way similar even in price. Hope by this time you already got one.

bored...

...and looking for fun
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E46, E90)