BMW Werkz banner

Finally Made The Move From E36 Toe46

2K views 19 replies 6 participants last post by  Q_BMW 
#1 ·
hey guys
i finally made the move, sold my 96 328i for a 2001 330i with premium and sport pkg and 5yr 60K mile extended warranty...check out the pics...Q

:driving

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
hey dude
still brainstorming man........gota do something that wont void my extended warranty ??
any suggestions?
Q

#5 ·
And that brushed alluminum insert for the steering wheel
what is tha ? any link ?

dont know if i can screw with suspension....mite void the warranty.....

i want the euro clears that are on the 2005 3 series, kinda LED looking....anyone seen them for E46s ?
thanks
Q

#6 ·
Originally posted by Q_BMW@Nov 14 2004, 11:40 AM
And that brushed alluminum insert for the steering wheel
what is tha ? any link ?

dont know if i can screw with suspension....mite void the warranty.....

i want the euro clears that are on the 2005 3 series, kinda LED looking....anyone seen them for E46s ?
thanks
Q
[snapback]230673[/snapback]​
Brushed aluminum trim replaces the wood trim.

2005 3 series is still E46. Those LED lights you've seen on the 2004+ are only available for coupes right now.

#7 ·
ohh ok thanks jeff....you know where it is available so I can keep a lookout and check when they come out with the ones for the 4 dr ones ?

also how much does the AL trim cost ? i love that too...Q

#9 ·
clears
aluminum interior trim
and e46 m3 steering wheel!
got the M3 steering wheel already with it.,....need the 2005 tail (LED) lights and the AL trim...>Q

#11 ·
ohh my bad i thought they the same...i really like the sport wheel....i jus thought sport=M esp since all the rims have the M badge and has the M body kit
Q

#13 ·
how much of a pain is it to get installed ? any links to pics ?
how much is it ?

#14 ·
since you got the round airbag, the price is cheaper. usually ppl must buy the round airbag too to get the m3 wheel. the wheel itself retails for $450. You can def find something cheaper like in the $300 range, or you can find used ones for like $200+.

Install is very very easy. Just unplug the battery, pop the airbag out, unclip two airbag harnesses, unbolt the main center bolt, and install the new wheel in.

difference between sport and m3 wheel are:

-m3 wheel is a tiny bit smaller in overall diameter
-m3 wheel has thumb nubs, at 2 and 10 oclock
-m3 wheel is twice as thick. this GREATLY enhances driving pleasure
-m3 wheel looks cool!

this is by far the best interior mod ive done to this day.

Attachments

#15 ·
nice man....will look around for one... mite bug u for a quick DIY when i get one
thanks
Q

#17 ·
damm tha blows!!!

#18 ·
where are the 05 led tail lights for the 2 dr available ? maybe we can check if it is really a pain or no....Q

#20 ·
for now all it says on the site there is:

"An upgraded switch control unit is required for proper operation."

not sure what that means, will try checking on some more info or asking around....if anyone hears anythin...send it over...Q

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.