BMW Werkz banner

Few Things Added To My Car

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  DexBeemer 
#1 ·
Just thought I would share a few things I recently did with my car.

I had a Clarion In Dash Dvd system installed Custom fit to match my dash. It has the Ipod feature where you can controll you Ipod from the touch screen monitor.

It also has Siruis Sat. Radio. It's pretty nice.

I also had them install a Clifford Alarm which has auto start and a paging system.

Also I posted earlier this year about noise coming from the front of my car when slowing down. I just replace my 17" tires with Toyo tires and they are awesome.
The noise went away and the car runs smooth.

That's it for now.

Attached are some pics. Hope you can see them.

Dex

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Yeah more details dude. I am looking to do that for my 325 xi........its really cool

So here are some questions:

What did you pay for the unit (with installation)?

What is the unit called and is it available everywhere?

Where does the DVD screen go to? Where is it hidden....I am assuming it goes under the AC vents???

Does it require any major modifications to the car???

Please I need all the info I can get. Thanks in advance buddy.

Keep :rock ing

#5 ·
Originally posted by 2001BMW325xi@Aug 3 2005, 08:38 AM
Yeah more details dude. I am looking to do that for my 325 xi........its really cool

So here are some questions:

What did you pay for the unit (with installation)?

What is the unit called and is it available everywhere?

Where does the DVD screen go to? Where is it hidden....I am assuming it goes under the AC vents???

Does it require any major modifications to the car???

Please I need all the info I can get. Thanks in advance buddy.

Keep :rock ing
[snapback]367078[/snapback]​
We'll I didn't take it to a cheap place to get it installed. I took it to a stero place that BMW Recommended in Scottsdale, AZ. They did a custom dash kit made from their shop to match the dash and to be able to center it. It's the newest Clarion DVD unit and total was about 2k installed with the dash kit and wires, etc. The DVD screen slides in as shown in the 3rd pic in the closed position. Did I mention touch screen????

It doesn't have NAV, but I weighed the reasoning behind it and it would have just been a costly toy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.