A Few questions - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
3-Series (E46, E90) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1999 to Current. Models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318Ci, BMW 320i, BMW 323i, BMW 325i, BMW 330i, BMW 328 Ci, BMW 328i, BMW 325i/xi, BMW 330Ci, BMW 320d, BMW 330d, BMW 335d.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 02-20-2011, 07:25 PM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
nraymondb is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
A Few questions

Hey everyone,
Im new here, and I just had a couple of questions. First off I just bought a 2006 325I with the premium package. I purchased this car from a local dealer who normally doesnt deal with BMWs. Which is fine because i know a little about them.
First off this week a few different maintainece lights came on. The first was a burnt out light. One of the Halo lights has burned out and i have no idea how to get to it. I see where it is located in the light, but i cant access it. Anyone know how to get into that particular area? Also i was messing around with the lights and i would have no clue how to even get into such a small place to replace them, even with the whole going through the wheel well thing.
The second error is that the automatic lights arent working. I think this is due to the burned out light so im not sweating that too much.
The third and final thing that concerns me most is that the brake light is on in the car. The emergency brake light. The break isnt on, i would notice that, so i would think there was a short or something in that system? Anyone have advice on that?
Over the next week i plan on getting the fluids changed out with what BMW recommends even though the dealership said they did all that. Im doing that because i doubt they put what BMW recommends ( They even put regular unleaded gas into it!!!) That wouldnt hurt it would it, it only had a half a tank anyway, but ive been putting premium into it. So all in all thats all that is wrong with it. Anyone have any suggestions with anything else i should do with it?
Thank you for the answers in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 02-20-2011, 10:43 PM
3rd Gear Member

k.sidlosky is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to k.sidlosky
For the halo, you need to take out the entire head light assembly the separate the lense from housing. And replace it that way.

For the parking brake light, there is a sensor that has gone bad on the cable somewhere.

The fuel will be fine. People run regular in premium cars all the time.

|Dinan Intake|Schrick Cams|24lb Injectors|809 HFM|M50 Manifold|TMS Stage IV+|Dinan Strut Brace|Samco Hoses|UUC Pulley||UUC SSK DSSR|DDM Coilovers|Fikse FM10|Brembo Rotors|Hawk Pads|AA Exhaust|Alpine|Audiobahn|Sony|
#3 (permalink) Old 02-21-2011, 09:13 AM
n00b

nraymondb is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
Thanks for the reply. On the whole light assembly, i seen there is two screws up top to take the whole light out, but where are the others? ive been looking around online and i cant seem to find where they are located.
Thanks again for the information. It helps alot to have a forum like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E46, E90)