fake m3's why!!! - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E46, E90)
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

3-Series (E46, E90) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1999 to Current. Models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318Ci, BMW 320i, BMW 323i, BMW 325i, BMW 330i, BMW 328 Ci, BMW 328i, BMW 325i/xi, BMW 330Ci, BMW 320d, BMW 330d, BMW 335d.

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2009, 09:24 AM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
ranky is on a distinguished road
Angry fake m3's why!!!

can any one fill me in on why i see so many fake m3's, no dont get me wrong ive got nothing agenst modifying your car but if its not an m3 why try to make it look like one because you can garantee that a real one is going to leave you for dust at some point and no doubt youll feel like a right nob.
Advertisement

Old 06-09-2009, 09:49 AM   #2 (permalink)
A NEW DAY RISES...

Car: 2008 M5, 2011 X5
Photos:
RoadsterMadness has much to be proud ofRoadsterMadness has much to be proud ofRoadsterMadness has much to be proud ofRoadsterMadness has much to be proud ofRoadsterMadness has much to be proud ofRoadsterMadness has much to be proud ofRoadsterMadness has much to be proud ofRoadsterMadness has much to be proud ofRoadsterMadness has much to be proud of
False badging is a crime of stupidity and rice of the first order. There areenough REAL
M3's that get left for dust when something scarier comes along. As long as there is glue and you can just buy a badge, this will continue. SIGH.

2008 ///M5 with Eisenmann race exhaust "Athena"
2013 VOLKSWAGEN Tiguan 2L Turbo
RIP 2005 Dinan ///M3 S3-R+ Vert w/hardtop- 6-speed, DINAN SC - race kit, race headers, etc.
RIP 2002 Z3 Roadster 2.5i - VF Supercharged, 5-speed, Brembos etc.
Turkey ///M Car Fleet Commander
TINA FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
RoadsterMadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 10:15 AM   #3 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
i know lets start a petition against this it should be banned
Old 06-09-2009, 01:41 PM   #4 (permalink)
Help from over the pond

Car: E38 1997 728i Individual
Photos:
marti5 is on a distinguished road
The thing is,I have an ///M badge on my 7 series although there is no such car ......but I do have Mtech suspension fitted by BMW, Mtech multi function steering wheel fitted by BMW , Mtech wheels again BMW fitted, then Ive had an engine rebuild ......you name it done and now have 360bhp, but its still not really an ///M but to me it is as it will out do 99% of other 7's here in the UK unless of course they have a turbo/supercharger fitted, so I suppose it depends on what youve had fitted after purchase.

I stepped in a plate of Pasta the other day - now I have to worry about my Carbonara footprint!
marti5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 01:45 PM   #5 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
Swift E36 is on a distinguished road
The ///M badge is one thing, but to do the whole car up in M3 bodywork, seats, etc is what the OP was talking about
Swift E36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 01:52 PM   #6 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
Cool you took that all wrong

when i sent this post i didnt mean m tech or m badges i ment when people use m3 or m5 badges totally differnt to mtech bades you arent trying to make your car into something its not
Old 06-09-2009, 02:03 PM   #7 (permalink)
Help from over the pond

Car: E38 1997 728i Individual
Photos:
marti5 is on a distinguished road
okey dokey understood..........sorry!

I stepped in a plate of Pasta the other day - now I have to worry about my Carbonara footprint!
marti5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 02:24 PM   #8 (permalink)
Mr. Bacon

Car: '08 Rabbit / E30 325is
Photos:
dannyb is a glorious beacon of lightdannyb is a glorious beacon of lightdannyb is a glorious beacon of lightdannyb is a glorious beacon of lightdannyb is a glorious beacon of lightdannyb is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to dannyb
because its cool
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineSixAndSeven
that's my whore ; )
dannyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 03:02 PM   #9 (permalink)
A NEW DAY RISES...

Photos:
RoadsterMadness has much to be proud ofRoadsterMadness has much to be proud ofRoadsterMadness has much to be proud ofRoadsterMadness has much to be proud ofRoadsterMadness has much to be proud ofRoadsterMadness has much to be proud ofRoadsterMadness has much to be proud ofRoadsterMadness has much to be proud ofRoadsterMadness has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by marti5 View Post
The thing is,I have an ///M badge on my 7 series although there is no such car ......but I do have Mtech suspension fitted by BMW, Mtech multi function steering wheel fitted by BMW , Mtech wheels again BMW fitted, then Ive had an engine rebuild ......you name it done and now have 360bhp, but its still not really an ///M but to me it is as it will out do 99% of other 7's here in the UK unless of course they have a turbo/supercharger fitted, so I suppose it depends on what youve had fitted after purchase.
I am divided on this issue insofar as I am definitely opposed to those who just "slap on" an ///M badge when there is no mechanical enhancement to justify it versus a highly modded car that may well outperform a real ///M car. A great example of this is my own friend and Werkzian of high reputation, Teh Prof and his magical Dinan 5, a supercharged V-8 E39 540with nearly every conceiveable upgrade that bears an ///M logo as its front license plate. Then again, he has a su[ercharged 7 series that may well be the fastest 7 series in the world at this point, and that one has NO badging. All that being said, and as the owner and driver of a highly modded Z3 that is also supercharged and has every enhancement, I am not sure I am confortable with putting an ///M badge on it, even if it outperforms nearly all ///M Roadsters because it simply is still not an ///M car. I always felt that I'd feel really stupid as soon as someone who knows these things noted the lack of a quad exhaust (that is, even if I swapped out the Z series gills for an ///M badged Z3///M set of gills. Anyway, this all boils down to personal preference I suppose. A ricer is a ricer and if you are legit and want to wear the ///M badge with pride, I suppose God Bless You...I lastly note that if I saw a 3 series masquerading as an M3 on the road while out in my M3, I believe I would make it my personal mission to unmask them (this is far less than fair given my particular M3, but you get the idea). I have feelings both ways...

RIP 2005 Dinan ///M3 S3-R+ Vert w/hardtop- 6-speed, DINAN SC - race kit, race headers, etc.
TINA FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
Old 06-09-2009, 03:21 PM   #10 (permalink)
Im Bluffin With My Muffin

Car: 1976 Benz 300D, 1999 740iL
Photos:
AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to beholdAlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to beholdAlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to beholdAlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to beholdAlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to beholdAlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to beholdAlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to AlpineSixAndSeven
If it isn't an ///M it isn't an ///M I don't really can what you do. I don't really care how many ///M things you retrofitted on to your car it still is not an ///M period.
1992 325i Ls1 swap with a T56 6 speed 12.2 quarter mile
1976 Mercedes Benz 300D with a Ford 5.0L Fuel Injected soon to be Modded
I am Captain Obvious
AlpineSixAndSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 03:32 PM   #11 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
i totally see the dilema

i totally see the dilema your having i dont mind at all when cars have m tech badges on when the mods justify it ,i just hate it when some models of cars are made to look like a better model than they are,and also with that if i made my cars faster than an m car is i would be over the moon with that. and if i put some thing together that was better than bmw could it would by my achivement ,and wouldnt put a badge on from a car that was inferior to mine.
Old 06-09-2009, 03:42 PM   #12 (permalink)
A NEW DAY RISES...

Photos:
AlpineSixAndSeven: If it isn't an ///M it isn't an ///M I don't really can what you do. I don't really care how many ///M things you retrofitted on to your car it still is not an ///M period.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniellejuice View Post
there goes alpine being territorial again.
Nick does speak the typical traditionalist, hardcore position that in my experience most of the BMW tuning community feels quite strongly about, and in almost exactly Nick's sentiments. It has been the dominant opinion in every race shop I've dealt with (and a nagging disappointment that took just a teensy bit of fun out of every mod I made to teh Sleeper Z... )

Hey, it is what it is (or, in this case, it AIN'T WHAT IT AIN'T..??!)

TINA FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
Old 06-09-2009, 04:12 PM   #13 (permalink)

Photos:
AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to beholdAlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to beholdAlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to beholdAlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to beholdAlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to beholdAlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to beholdAlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold
That's how I feel and that is my honest opinion. I've had non ///M's and I now have an ///M I wouldn't think about badging my non ///M cars as M's. You can make a very good Clone of an ///m BUT that is all it is a clone. There are things you cannot change such as the door plate an Vin numbers to ///M spec. people are gonna do what their gonna do But personally I think it is stupid to try to make a non ///M into an ///M for the same cost(Most the time way less) you could have the real thing and not a wannabe clone.... call me a traditionalist or what not but at the endo of the day look that the door plaque does it say M? no.....
I am Captain Obvious
Old 06-09-2009, 04:26 PM   #14 (permalink)

Photos:
I've had many long winded debates about this subject I have a very defined opinion on it
I am Captain Obvious
Old 06-09-2009, 05:12 PM   #15 (permalink)
A NEW DAY RISES...

Photos:
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniellejuice View Post
So ive been wondering, how much horsepower does your bad boy have now?
Hmmm...exactly WHICH bad boy are you referring to...??? :

And THANK YOU for asking the magic question...Mwaah-ha-ha-ha! xoxo

TINA FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E46, E90)