BMW Werkz banner

Factory Warranty

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  2001BMW325xi 
#1 ·
:help So here are a few questions about the factory warranty:

1. How does the factory warranty work (I have 9 months and 15,000 miles left on my bimmer). I just take the car to any BMW dealership for any repair and they will just do the repairs without any cost or do I have to pay a certain deductable or labor costs???

2. Does the warranty work only at a BMW ceritified dealership or at any repair shop that does BMW work?

3. Is the factory warranty TRULY BUMPER 2 BUMPER or are there any "loopholeS" that any of you have experience first hand??

4. Part of my warranty states that it has 35 months warranty left on "specific components"......what are the specific components that they are mentioning???

Again thanks for the answers to these novice questions.....

#2 ·
Best your questions can be answered by a dealer or BMW NA.
From my personal experience: I have BMW, that I bought used (1 year old with 11,000 miles on it). It was not CP (Certified preowned). I bought it from Jeep dealer, that got it at an auction.
I had brought my car to the nearest Dealer dealer in my area three times:
1. State inspection
2. 15000 service
3. 30000 service
I had paid only for state inspection $30
Folks were polite and curteous. Never asked me where I got car, just took it and did what needed to be done.
I complained about noise coming from under the hood, when you start the car when I brought car third time: they replaced belts and tension pulleys, parts and labor about $250. My cost, like I said, was zilch!

In order toget work under the warranty you have to bring car to BMW service department means dealer. BMW pays to a dealer for the warranty work, I do not think BMW will pay to your neighbor for the warranty work he performed on your bimmer.

As far as what is covered and for how long the best is to consult your friendly dealer and/or BMW NA

#3 ·
Thanks a ton Relevart. :clap2 .........that was really helpful.

I have a dealer nearby but still 50 miles out. There is a local repair shop for Euro imports and they do small work but no warranty stuff.........yet my problem was just a brake light out.....cost me 2$........:) so I did not bother with the warranty............ :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.