BMW Werkz banner

Factory Amplifier Location

15K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  kkevin77 
#1 ·
I have a 1999 323i and am looking to add some bass to my system. I recently purchased 2 12's and an amplifier, and had it installed professionally. The installers wired the signal from my rear deck speakers. The bass response I get is weak to nothing at all. Someone told me that running the signal from the factory amplifier would give me better bass response, but I don't know where it is or if thats possible. Any help or should I start looking into buying an aftermarket head unit.

Thanks

#2 ·
Originally posted by ltairborn@Nov 22 2003, 11:36 AM
I have a 1999 323i and am looking to add some bass to my system. I recently purchased 2 12's and an amplifier, and had it installed professionally. The installers wired the signal from my rear deck speakers. The bass response I get is weak to nothing at all. Someone told me that running the signal from the factory amplifier would give me better bass response, but I don't know where it is or if thats possible. Any help or should I start looking into buying an aftermarket head unit.

Thanks
Rear Drivers side panel of the trunk... Just lift up the grey liner and it's right there.

#3 ·
The factory amp in my 94 325is... is in the turnk above the Amercian Drivers Side rear suspension......otherwise, in the left of the trunk under the lining...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.