Exclimation Mark (!) Appeared on my '00 328i? - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
3-Series (E46, E90) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1999 to Current. Models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318Ci, BMW 320i, BMW 323i, BMW 325i, BMW 330i, BMW 328 Ci, BMW 328i, BMW 325i/xi, BMW 330Ci, BMW 320d, BMW 330d, BMW 335d.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 12-27-2010, 04:50 PM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Tyler8Ball is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
Exclamation Exclimation Mark (!) Appeared on my '00 328i?

Hey Guys,

Got stuck in some snow the other day and this (!) light came on where my D usually is for drive. When I bought the car, it had the same problem but looked like this - (!)D - meaning there was an issue with the transmission. I have talked to BMW on this matter and they are telling me it is more then likley a wheel sensor or a ABS sensor or a control unit. Does/HAS anyone out there had this problem in the past or know someone that has and how it was fixed? I have ran a computer on it from Avanced Auto and I get the code PO600..? There are also P1145,P1421,P1423...I was told these others arn't that big of a deal.

With the parts being pretty spendy, I would rather get it narrowed down!

Thanks for the help,

Tyler
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 12-27-2010, 08:36 PM
n00b

Cachemoneypimp is on a distinguished road
Tire pressure methinks, unless I'm totally reading this wrong. Air those puppies up!
#3 (permalink) Old 12-27-2010, 08:52 PM
n00b

(Thread Starter)
Exclamation

I'm pretty sure it's not the tire pressure....being that when this happened I'm pretty sure I'm running in just 3rd gear, it doesn't feel like it shifts ever. I'm pretty sure it is a computer issue somewhere...the computer not talking to the transmission correctly.

Where did you get tire pressure from?
#4 (permalink) Old 12-27-2010, 09:33 PM
n00b

Cachemoneypimp is on a distinguished road
The tire pressure graphic looks like that, a couple of squiggly looking bracket/parentheses with an exclamation point in the middle, kind of like {!}
I know because I've gotten this before, and every light that goes on freaks me out, so i was relieved that's what it was. But it could be something else, by no means am I an expert, just thought I'd mention it. Good luck with your fix!
#5 (permalink) Old 12-28-2010, 02:14 AM
drz
Administrator

drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to drz Send a message via MSN to drz
Does it look like an exclamation point inside a gear drawing? I recall that indicating transmission issues on someone else's 2000 328i.

Just to confirm, it's not the traction control light that is stuck on, is it? If so, it would be consistent with the theory that a wheel speed sensor or ABS sensor may be out of whack.

#6 (permalink) Old 12-28-2010, 12:27 PM
n00b

(Thread Starter)
Yes it is inside a gear drawing....I have had this issue with this vehicle when I first bought the car except it had a exclimation mark inside the gear drawing and a D next to it, kinda like (!)D. They told me when I bought it there was no overdrive working. Now, there is no D next to it and I am unable to use my tribtronic shifting and it feels like it is running souly in 3rd gear. I have an appointment today to take it to a shop that has access to the BMW computer and we'll see what they say it is. Does anyone know of a place I can order parts for the car for cheaper then going straight through BMW?
#7 (permalink) Old 12-28-2010, 12:50 PM
drz
Administrator

drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to drz Send a message via MSN to drz
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E46, E90)