Error code P1624 - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

» Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E46, E90)
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

3-Series (E46, E90) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1999 to Current. Models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318Ci, BMW 320i, BMW 323i, BMW 325i, BMW 330i, BMW 328 Ci, BMW 328i, BMW 325i/xi, BMW 330Ci, BMW 320d, BMW 330d, BMW 335d.

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2009, 09:18 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
mrvideosawyer is on a distinguished road
Error code P1624

Okay I have a 2000 328i with 50,000 miles on it. I now am the proud owner of an error code P1624 (Pedal Position switch for electric throttle). What the he## is this I can't even find the part online. Anyone have any idea? Thanks in advance.

This would not be a problem but I have to register car in the next 2 weeks and they hook up to OBD to see if car is running within specs, although car seems to run okay.

Jim Sawyer
mrvideosawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-18-2009, 09:28 PM   #2 (permalink)
Ich bin der Modifikator

Car: 97'E36 2.8 w/Optional Sport Package
Photos:
johnnyBgood is a jewel in the roughjohnnyBgood is a jewel in the roughjohnnyBgood is a jewel in the rough
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvideosawyer View Post
Okay I have a 2000 328i with 50,000 miles on it. I now am the proud owner of an error code P1624 (Pedal Position switch for electric throttle). What the he## is this I can't even find the part online. Anyone have any idea? Thanks in advance.

This would not be a problem but I have to register car in the next 2 weeks and they hook up to OBD to see if car is running within specs, although car seems to run okay.

Jim Sawyer
Welcome to the Werkz......

this link should help you out:

Pedal Position Sensor p1624 ??? - E46Fanatics

jb
johnnyBgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 11:21 PM   #3 (permalink)
Millions of them.

Car: e36 w/ a m42
Photos:
Torque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond repute
That code will come up for cars with a m54 engine; on m52 cars (which yours is), the code readout should be "coolant temp below thermostat regulating temp" (that is if the scanner recognizes which engine is which, which not all will) which means your thermostat is stuck open. Replace your thermostat and have your codes cleared.
Old 10-19-2009, 09:31 PM   #4 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
Thumbs up Sounds like you have the answer

Torque,
Ya know I have had a problem with uneven heat in car since I have bought it. Your diagnosis of the thermostat sounds like a winner. I do not think it is pedal position switch - no degradation of performance. Now for the big question is there a website out there that has some tips to complete this task?
Thanks in advance.
Jim Sawyer
Old 10-19-2009, 11:48 PM   #5 (permalink)
Millions of them.

Photos:
Torque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond repute
Having a hard time finding a e46 specific DIY at the moment, but this should be fairly good instructions; it's for a e36, but same engine, so same procedure.
BMW E36 Thermostat Removal And Coolant Flush

edit: By all means keep us updated as far as the results.
Old 10-20-2009, 06:58 PM   #6 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
Okay here is the new deal

Well I got into car after work and low and behold the check engine light went out. Which goes with what Torque has said it is the thermostat stuck open it has freed itself and light goes out. I have ordered new part and will replace as so as light comes on again.

It is off to the state emission control place while light is out -

Any ideas out there or other opinions

Jim Sawyer
Old 10-25-2009, 10:02 PM   #7 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
Got it fixed

Well I warmed up the garage and got into fixing the thermostat housing. Pretty stright forward the big problem was getting the fan off. So I installed new thermostat and check engine light went of after about 10 times starting and stopping engine. Jim in Seattle
Old 10-25-2009, 10:12 PM   #8 (permalink)
Ich bin der Modifikator

Car: 97'E36 2.8 w/Optional Sport Package
Photos:
johnnyBgood is a jewel in the roughjohnnyBgood is a jewel in the roughjohnnyBgood is a jewel in the rough
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvideosawyer View Post
Well I warmed up the garage and got into fixing the thermostat housing. Pretty stright forward the big problem was getting the fan off. So I installed new thermostat and check engine light went of after about 10 times starting and stopping engine. Jim in Seattle
Glad you got it sorted.......that fan is a PITA without that pulley holding tool!

But a BMFH..... works with a few shots!

jb
johnnyBgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 10:41 PM   #9 (permalink)
Millions of them.

Photos:
Congrats man!
Old 10-26-2009, 08:54 AM   #10 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
Best code reader?

I have the round type connection under hood and the rectangle type under car dash which is the best OBD to get - knowing when I go to auto zone the code 1624 came up pedal position switch when it was really the theromostat code.

Thanks in advance Jim in Seattle
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E46, E90)